How Much Time Left To Get The Final AQ

I would gladly pay more for a coil connector at the pod; that doesn't "sound off" when its entering the salt water or waves hitting it. Been there with the Infinium and it isn't fun.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

As crazy as it may sound...I can see someone putting the batteries in backwards...

I've had one customers remove the larger O-ring I used on the excalibur endcap I sold him..and swap it out with the smaller stock O-Ring...Then installed the endcap before his island vacation......😬 disaster.

In backward position, the button of the cell is also at the back of the cell and would not enter in the corresponding hole at the front of the shaft making the positive polarity. In any case, the BMS integrated in each cell should protect the system against putting the cells backwards.

Also, we thought about people using NON-protected cells with buttons. Since they are shorter, there will not be any contact with the spring of the end cap making the negative polarity.

• Like 2

kinda looks like this was watching the video on Farnell of the UK another supplyer and they were interchangeable with the other connectors like metal jam nut receptacle neat concept

Happy Trails 

jimpugh

2B8586F3-3A77-4E5D-873B-20177EA41C93.thumb.jpeg.1cff18fbae6c0a871dfa77ce0bc645a6.jpeg

9 hours ago, jimpugh said:

kinda looks like this was watching the video on Farnell of the UK another supplyer and they were interchangeable with the other connectors like metal jam nut receptacle neat concept

Happy Trails 

jimpugh

2B8586F3-3A77-4E5D-873B-20177EA41C93.thumb.jpeg.1cff18fbae6c0a871dfa77ce0bc645a6.jpeg

I used the same but a 4 pin Souriau on my excalibur for a few years (2014-2016), worked fine but in time the nubs wore down on the male panel connector which I used for the endcap. See if I can find the picture. I never mentioned this since the AQ has the exact same. But I was changing coils regularly on the excalibur. I did try several others before, then settles on a 3M SS fittings and still in use today on one of my excals, My opinion hardwired is best for all around performance on coils. If for headphones, SS ONLY. M-12

user8522_pic64687_1425054778.jpg

20170116_011418 (2).jpg

OBN0344.jpg

• Like 2

Joe you Sure Do Awesome Work trying to keep them old Xcals in the herd

i agree I use the SunRay 12 inch and hard wire only way to go On Any work Horse in Serious Salt Water Artifact Recovery.....I have a few old dealers that keep thier eye out for choice specimens .....I currently have 2  .....plus ...A Wot ...(Wild Orange Thing).... I can only swing that monster for three or 4 hours but find gold every time I do ...recovery is the take deep breath and go down under water give it a few good kicks ...It is a Original Soverign that I put in an old Garrett VLF/TR case ...I reverse engineered the front board and hand wired the board (main Board) to with the controls I wanted.....not pretty but pressure tested in my tank to over 200 feet ...the original Soverigh had the super loud Audio for divers that the original golden Swords used more out put transistors than Blue label and current unit. I have two golden swords and have kept one going for years with hairlines I have figured out how to repair ...the horse shoe coil is never been opened....Storm sent me the Proto and I told them the problems to fix crosstalk on the board is the major one On board they fixed the other was paddle affect which they did not fix so I turned mine sideways and made farious strait handles out of marine grade aluminum The pic with 12 inch SunRay is painted serial number 217 only the seven is left since I have cleaned this board many times and kept her Rocking And some times knocking on heavens Door

The other picture is the Soverghn in a box and my first real water detector that still works great I personally told Charlie that was the best Detector he ever made He just agreed ...smiled and shook my hand like a man that he is....
Happy Trails

jimpugh Ps So many detectors so many creative thoughts to little time just want kick my shovel and drink a little salt water with my gold it’s every where right under your feet ... I just use the other detectors to scout ....the PI gets the real real Deep gold once I stake my claim.....

604CB29D-BEB4-40FE-83B7-A3D6BA60C8DB.thumb.jpeg.0d19f87b73611587a4c025a229fd5314.jpeg876D4E17-B565-4C2B-A6F4-A558C4A7B9F2.thumb.jpeg.713c738e4a113d53471d67a7b113aabe.jpeg9D557B73-5EFF-47B8-A0EF-E20370958074.thumb.jpeg.0e244caf605a4252308d474a48f36fb8.jpeg

• Like 2

Clean-up on Aisle 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😁😁😁

6 hours ago, jimpugh said:

The other picture is the Soverghn in a box and my first real water detector that still works great I personally told Charlie that was the best Detector he ever made He just agreed

I really like the Sovereign!!! Sovereign in a box, even better! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

What type of materal are the seals and O-Rings?? Salt water is rough on many rubber compounds! That may be one of the problems with some of the other submersible detectors on the market right now!!👍👍

On 8/24/2020 at 10:51 AM, Willy said:

As Alexandre said in the previous post, the salt water issue reported by Deb is currently under close scrutiny. We still do not know whether it is a problem of shielding discontinuity on that specific coil or a more general problem (specific to Florida?😢).

A smaller coil will probably better react under the sea water than a larger coil but it will also cover less surface per swing. It will also be more sensitive to smaller targets but less to larger targets. This is a general rule(well-known cake sentence!!).

'Cable Connector' is the COIL connector to the enclosure. This is indeed very specific to the coils designed for the AQ. No question about replacing these coils with other types, they would not work at all under the stringent conditions defined  by the short pulse delays of the AQ. There is no problem related to the headphone connector.

Yes, the Li-Ion protected battery cells (18650) will be inserted inside the upper shaft and replaceable by the users. The autonomy will depend on the modes of operation and on the TRUE mAh of the 18650 cells.

Just to clarify this point once for all:

The only problem with the AQ of Deb was that the coil cable was not fixed tightly enough to the lower shaft; it was moving in the water and thus,  generated the false signals.

Tightly fixing the cable on the lower shaft is a general requirement for all sensitive detectors.
Nothing to do with the Florida waters,.

The 12" coil works perfectly in salted water. provided the pulse delay is slightly increased.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1