My Ufo Experience In 1979

5 minutes ago, George Kinsey said:

Futuristic Pavilion.

George,many thanks for that information.

On 8/27/2020 at 3:00 AM, George Kinsey said:

Yes Tom. Found in1979. I started in 69 with a Metrotech 220A. That even looked "Alien" Hope your safe and well.

To your recollection, what was the depth on a coin-sized target that that Metrotech was capable of ?   

And did you do parks and schools turf in those days ?  Or strictly relicky pursuits ?  (eg. : CW, cellar holes, etc...) ?   I've heard of some other early hobbyists in the states in and around VA that also started in the 1960s with Metrotech.  But it seems they were primarily CW type pursuits, not turf or yards in regular coin-hunting.   So do-tell:  What type sites were you hunting in 1969 ?

4 hours ago, Tom_in_CA said:

To your recollection, what was the depth on a coin-sized target that that Metrotech was capable of ?   

And did you do parks and schools turf in those days ?  Or strictly relicky pursuits ?  (eg. : CW, cellar holes, etc...) ?   I've heard of some other early hobbyists in the states in and around VA that also started in the 1960s with Metrotech.  But it seems they were primarily CW type pursuits, not turf or yards in regular coin-hunting.   So do-tell:  What type sites were you hunting in 1969 ?

Tom,

I hunted DC and Baltimore Parks back then. The Metrotech 220A I had was hotter on low conductors. Gold rings you could get maybe 4inches. A little less on silver coins. But both DC and Baltimore parks were Training and Camp grounds at the beginning of the War. I would find Minnie balls between the sidewalk and curb in certain parts of DC.