More Details About Next Version Impulse AQ

There are lots of notes on this thread about changes that are being made in the next version of the Impulse AQ. Key items:

1. Battery system replaced entirely with four drop in 18650 rechargeable Li-Ion batteries
  2. Depth rating to be increased
  3. Lower rod made longer to accommodate taller users
  4. Headphone connection being relocated to back of pod
  5. An 8” accessory coil is in the works

Refer to the thread above for details.

fisher-impulse-aq-metal-detector-version-2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So we are jumping from 11 uS right to 15 uS, there is no 11.5 uS? That’s news and good to know. I’ll pay more attention to the transition from 11 to the 11.5 (15) marker from now one. At the very least a correction to the control panel label is in order, but also owners manuals, spec sheets, etc.

fisher-impulse-aq-control-panel-2020.jpg

• Like 2

What is the tactile response on the Delay / Freq knob? Meaning: are there detents as it is moved? How hard (or easy) is it to bump off a setting?

If there aren't detents, how do you know when you are set at 11uS vs 15uS (or the upcoming 20uS)? If no detents, is the adjustment a continuously variable setting based on algorithm or mapping related to knob position?

6 hours ago, tvr said:

What is the tactile response on the Delay / Freq knob? Meaning: are there detents as it is moved? How hard (or easy) is it to bump off a setting?

If there aren't detents, how do you know when you are set at 11uS vs 15uS (or the upcoming 20uS)? If no detents, is the adjustment a continuously variable setting based on algorithm or mapping related to knob position?

That's a rotary switch with 10 well-defined positions

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nice 

take a sharpie and block out the 1and point or period will give you the 15

since it is algorithm it would be easy to program a two- ten turn directional counter or a detent directional counter ten clicks = 15 freq.delay ......16 clicks =16 micro seconds one left or right click = different binary latch .....7 us  to 25us like a two turn CCW=7 two turns CW = 25 us every detent past 15 CW = a 1us increase in delay to max increase of second landing on 15 = 25us......most two -ten turn analog pots do not have a stop you just feel a deference in tension the program would be a simple update on micro USB port with water tight covered Plug next To head phone jack or back control panel with a walled off second safety So no way to flood board unless you run over with tank

Happy Trails

jimpugh

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jimpugh said:

Nice 

take a sharpie and block out the 1and point or period will give you the 15

since it is algorithm it would be easy to program a two- ten turn directional counter or a detent directional counter ten clicks = 15 freq.delay ......16 clicks =16 micro seconds one left or right click = different binary latch .....7 us  to 25us like a two turn CCW=7 two turns CW = 25 us every detent past 15 CW = a 1us increase in delay to max increase of second landing on 15 = 25us......most two -ten turn analog pots do not have a stop you just feel a deference in tension the program would be a simple update on micro USB port with water tight covered Plug next To head phone jack or back control panel with a walled off second safety So no way to flood board unless you run over with tank

Happy Trails

jimpugh

Are you planning to apply for a designer job at FTP?😉

Your proposal seems to re-invent the world.
The delay and frequency control of the AQ is implemented as a rotary SWITCH, not as a rotary ENCODER, nor a POTENTIOMETER

• Like 1

I love  Texas But I do not need the money

( Mr.Carl is very capable hands)

No I love the freedom of a entrepreneur 

I made my first discriminating pulse 95

I still have proto and my notes It found nickels and gold and bonged like a over shoot ( on California beaches)On A TR it lost a lot of depth so I bought a Gold scan 5 z model that Eric had made for a hunter in Arkansas very deep but a motor boat audio still have it in a basket case if I ever want to resurrect    I have also hunted many hours with a Aqua Star big Ikelite case so  I know what maximum  depth IS......

water mark

I have used TDI pro and Dual field found gold right out of the box ....all my testing is done in knee deep to snorkel range unless I am diving with tanks or hooka

Every thing in life is a mission my Mission in life is to live well 

I would love to see all metal in one ear and tone or silencer,volcanic (selectable in the other  the more information a hunter can hear the Better the unit will be in the Field. They deserve choices many have Disabilities.....

it is not what I like that matters ....it is what.  The customer see’s  Selectability 
Maybe I am wrong maybe I should build the Barracuda Ace.....

I thought that or at least I was led to believe that the 100 units were for input to future improvements and value......

Oh well may be I should build a fleet of remote submersibles that charge batteries in the day and retrieve metal at night NASA does have technology transfer down the street.....put security cameras on them to report to big brother...and map anomalies get some sugar checks.....from Uncle Sam....

Again My apologies Just waiting for water and tides to fall where I can go kick my Scoop....after Laura

Happy Trails 

jimpugh”

• Like 3