More Details About Next Version Impulse AQ

2 hours ago, Badger-NH said:

Only for wading?  Would it not work well on the wet sand or do you mean that it can't be submerged? 

I don't need it to be waterproof. I'm not a water hunter. There's no need to get wet with 10 foot tides.

No, what I meant was a dry land gold prospecting detector would likely not be submersible, and only good for no more than wading. Of course it would work on the dry beach also, if it would work wading in the water at that same beach.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

No, what I meant was a dry land gold prospecting detector would likely not be submersible, and only good for no more than wading. Of course it would work on the dry beach also, if it would work wading in the water at that same beach.

If the Impulse Gold can perform on the wet sand as well as the AQ, that sounds perfect. That's what I wanted all along. Waterproofing just adds to the cost and complicates production. Making the AQ LTD waterproof is part of the reason why the project failed.

The decision to include waterproof headphones that many beach hunters will not want or need was also a mistake.

The main thing they should be focusing on is the cutting edge performance as well as making the unit lightweight, easy to use, and affordable.

But, if the Impulse Gold cannot equal or surpass the AQ in the wet salt sand, I don't want it.