Underwater Amplified Headphones Project...

Here is some amplifiers. I have bought quite a bit from these guys and is a good company. Good support as well.

https://www.jameco.com/shop/StoreCatalogDrillDownView?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&freeText=audio%20amplifier&search_type=jamecoall

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kac said:

I am hesitant to start ripping a machine apart

Me too...Trust me🀣

All in all I can stick with the initial plan to work inside the headphones frame...I'm too courios if I can switch from a mono signal to the stereo mode with two independent speakers thanks to the board...

Right now I'm also thinking to include a switch to cut out power when not in use and an insulated battery recharge connector...All to be waterproofed πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ˜­

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

There's a video on yt on how to replace the lcd screen on the pod...

I've seen partially the speaker side cause in the footage that part wasn't the interested area to film, but I think to open the curved door from the outside just to have a sight of what's under that piece...So my idea is basically to wire the negative, positive and ground desoldering it by the ruined speaker and apply a male M12 8pins on the cover to couple it with an external female on the headphones...

The transformation will appear like an Equinox headphone plug behind the control pod, to make an example...

I'm only supposing this mod in my mind, to skip the internal bridging of the two outputs...The rear end is the last part I want to open for now on my machine, Wich is turned again the most effective due to the crazy erosion I'm assisting...Β 

Skullgolddiver, thanks for posting that I just ordered an LCD for my CTX. You saved me bucks.

HH

Mike

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kac said:

I have bought quite a bit from these guys

For some reason the link appear on my browser to take on the site's homepage... However I searched for "amplifier board"ant the first and only result is a Velleman pcd based on the same sound processor...again Pam8403...

Unluckily the guys are too far from me, cause I'm Europe based, but I found tons of these boards on the web even at ridiculous price🀣

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 12:07 PM, Skullgolddiver said:

Hi all of You!

I want to share the first toughts on my new project for a waterproof amplified headphones need...

As usual, I'm pissed by a number of things, not to be boring, but at a certain point my patience has a limit and with people legsΒ between my search pattern, swimming at dawn over me...What can I do to relax myself until the summer ends?

So I started a long research for a real tiny, cheap and effective amplifier board to install inside the headphones and hopefully to pump decently the audio on my Ctx3030..

I'm probably the last of the tribe that discovered this item, but hey! I'm impressed by the things canΒ Β be done with this little toy...

The board name is Pam8403 and is dirty cheap, to say a lot you can find it for 3 bucks in some cases...
There are multiple variants of this board even with potentimeter already wired!
This is however a digital class dual channel stereo amplifier and the audio source by the ctx is mono...
So I'm still looking how to manage the wiring scheme to don't make a mess...
I bought a pair of anti noise headphone frame to apply the speakers and the board and right now studying a way to get some power with an internal dedicated battery...The downside is that these boards need a specific tension of 5V and to be powered solely..
In my case, I need to waterproof the entire system with silicon gum (same type for epoxy moulding)...Wagnersil 22NF will cover completely the stuff inside...When it is time to replace the battery, the problem will arise of having an isolated compartment for it
Once I'll be able to master this thing, I'll show if it works properly...
I'm looking for the right speakers too...

As usual, any thought or suggestion will be greatly appreciated!

Β 

pam8403.jpg

HI!

HowΒ  do you ensure the waterproofness of the ctx when you diving? I have blocked the usb port completely by using Silicon both inside and outside the port.When it comes to Battery,I haven't done anything because I have the updated version of the ctx which have a better battery seal and just trust that(maybe I have not to!)

I use only my extra spare battery because the original regargeable one does'nt work and I'm not so sure if that is as good as the original one under water(waterproofness)