Finally! A Little Erosion!

It's good to get out and have some targets.  Thanks for the Pulse Dive report.  That is more aggressive than I want to go.  haha

We are in a tweener tide without many waves but I'll give it a go tonight.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Nice looking little cut there! Lead weights, green coins, quarters.....I'll bet you weren't far from the gold or silver! Tides get better through the weekend- stay on it Joe!

• Like 1

Interesting report.  Coastline detecting is so much different than dry land detecting.

Is this the Atlantic side or the Gulf side of Florida?  (Would a more educated eye answer that for me?  Or better knowledge of weather given that Laura was already in the Gulf?)

• Like 1

GB,

Atlantic side; South Florida!

The way to remember Atlantic and Gulf;  is sunrises on the Atlantic,  and sunsets on the Gulf!! (Gulf much preferred IMO!!)  The storm and wind field obviously did some good here! For detector guy's, and kite surfer's anyway!! And as any Coastal hunter can tell you, the opportunities can open and close so rapidly, that it's hard to react quickly enough much of the time!!  When i hunt in Georgia, i know that pretty much the only thing that is going to change, is a ploughed, or mowed field to open things up, that aren't already accessible!👍👍

Kac,

The car was without any wheels! Or else i would have tried to give it to this little kid that was asking his mom, what i was doing!!🙋‍♂️ I like to give the good toys away, along with a "Treasure" coin or two, to curious little kids; with the parent's permission, of course!! You never know where the future detectorists are going to come from!! I haven't forgotten my fascination with treasure; from when i was little!! (Oak island, Charles Garrett, and more...) But i know times are different now! And i don't want to come off as creepy either!!👍👍

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Great pictures. Nice to see rocks and erosion. By the looks of the targets there has to be gold there. Good luck on the next hunt. 

• Like 1

Here are some new pics from today! Did a little hunting with the new G2+, but not much going on due to being sanded in!👍👍

20200914_151843.jpg

20200914_151931.jpg

20200914_151948.jpg

• Like 3