Just Got My Vanquish 440 First Test & Big Score

Great finds and thanks for sharing. I'm thinking my next machine will be the 340...

• Like 1

Was that it's fist run? probably paid for itself already ūüôā

• Like 3

Wlt,

You lucky "son of a gun"! I hope the luck keeps running for you!! Great work!ūüĎćūüĎć

• Like 1

Very nice finds , yes the Vanquish serie are excellent in low to medium iron trashed areas . a little less on nail beds where they are are too chatty due to a lack of small irons filtering .  But considering their prices they are all great values for money , either the 340, 440 or 540.  Fun and very easy to use , and also very efficient machines , especially with the very good V10 coil ... btw I only use them inland , but  I am not surprised by your excellent results with the 440 at the beach ...

• Like 1

WTG WLTDWIZ

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Bayard
      I notice that RNB now has a lithium battery pack for the Vanquish priced around $60.
      I have been using RNB battery packs in my Etrac for years and probably will buy one of these Vanquish batteries, if there are no bugs needing to be worked out.  I intend to keep the Vanquish in my car trunk and will only use it sporadically.  Regular rechargeables don't seem to hold a charge if they are not used for a long time.  In contrast, the RNB batteries seem to hold a charge indefinitely.  I want to be confident that the detector is going to work even if it has been sitting unused in the car trunk for months.
    • By calabash digger
      I decided to go to my local dealer and buy them..... here is a look at all three...

• By calabash digger
      Testing all three on some deep targets...

• By calabash digger
      Head to head shootout ..... Ace Apex 499.00 Basic ..Wireless 579.00. Vanquish pro pack 2 coils, batteries, and wireless headphones 499.00. Which is the best bang for the buck in todays market???

• By Sandheron
      Adds iron volume and some other stuff. https://www.minelab.com/usa/vanquish-software-update-1
      VANQUISH 540 Iron Volume Control
      Detecting in heavy iron trash is enhanced with the new Iron Volume Control feature. 10-step adjustments let you decrease the volume of iron all the way down to a whisper, while leaving desirable targets (non-ferrous) loud and clear. To engage Iron Volume Control, simply hold down the All Metal button, while simultaneously using the Volume buttons to adjust to your liking.
      General Improvements for All VANQUISH Models
      The upgrade also includes improved battery handling capability for all models, as well as a new low battery alert.

• By Steve Herschbach
      Anyone who spends much time comparing targets with a Equinox and a Vanquish knows that a Vanquish will hit most targets an Equinox will hit. The performance is closer than people may want to imagine for most normal metal detecting, making Vanquish a genuine value.
      Vanquish came out with a different set of coils than the Equinox, to the chagrin of many Equinox owners, since they are not compatible.
      What is interesting is that the Vanquish coils are quite a bit less expensive, even in cases where they are physically larger than the Equinox coils. Part of this may be the windings and tolerances possibly being different. Vanquish coils seem thinner and lighter, and being able to keep the price down on them is critical to keeping the price of the detector down also. However, it is a mistake to think retail price has anything more than a loose connection to manufacturing cost. The rule is charge what the market will bear. And true story for anyone that wants to bother with the research - accessory items for expensive detectors often cost a lot more than the same accessories for lower price detectors. This is because most people who spend a lot on a detector are willing to spend more on accessories. Just ask any car dealer who sells both inexpensive and expensive cars.
      So while I do not know the exact details, the fact is Vanquish coils sell for les because they have to. Nobody is going to buy an accessory coil if it sells for as much as the detector itself. This adds to the value proposition however. Not only does a Vanquish get very close to Equinox performance for a lot lower price, but the accessory coils can be had for quite a bit less.
      I kind of get now why Minelab did not make a set of these coils for Equinox. Would Equinox owners be willing to pay about $100 more for the same coils across the board (even though they would be different coils)? People will say, no, just sell me the coils for the Equinox at the same price. But Minelab can't do that - it undermines the Equinox detector and accessory price structure. If that seems unfair, let me remind people the 11" round coil for the CTX 3030 sells for $349, a good $120 more than the 11" coil for Equinox! Minelab may have decided to simply avoid that can of worms by keeping the lines completely separate and distinct as far as the coils go.