Hour Run At Park And Snagged A 10g Ring

kac

Looks nice,

Post a few more pics! And is that a junk ring to the left?

Here are some closeups, has engraving inside st. james, think it was a school nearby but not sure. Ring was deep close to 12" down but beefy enough to hear it well on the 10x12.

IMG_1210.JPG

IMG_1209.JPG

IMG_1208.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Looks to be in great shape!👍👍

• Like 1

Wow, what an awesome find- congrats! Those big class rings seem to be harder and harder to find.

• Like 1

Congratulations on a nice class ring. I think you're done brushing up on your skills.

HH

Mike

• Thanks 1

Was close to 12" down. I may have found the name of the person that lost it from the initials. Seems to be a hs graduate in 1963. Next trick is to try to locate the person and see if I can returrn it.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Joe D. said:

And is that a junk ring to the left?

I was wondering the same thing.  Ken, both you and Mitchel need to show your good finds in a separate picture from your trash!  I keep thinking "is he mis-identifying and going to toss that?"  Now, if you want to put your Zincolns in with the pulltabs, can slaw, crown caps, aluminum screw caps -- for that you have my permission.  😁

Always enjoy someone showing that the old reliable detectors still perform and are capable of winning the blue ribbon.  The 10x12 coil is the DD, right?

• Haha 1

Yes the 10x12 is a dd, not ideal coil in high trash. I did dig more ring pulls because I deliberately set my 2nd disc to just above and wanted to concentrate on the better roll tones. Ring pulls at depth are tricky becaue of their shape and being hollow. Ones at depth are harder to tell apart from good targets. I do have my ear for the square tabs though on that machine.

After that run I was able to hit the old church yesterday. Turns out the church was build in the 1900's, back yard only had 4-6" top soil and much below was coal and coal ash. Oldest coin I found was a 1935 wheatie. Will be going back there soon as I only covered a small area.

I ended up leaving the Tejon home due to chance of rain.