Equinox Books Any Good?

19 hours ago, Renegade_Arts said:

I got my Nox for my birthday in April and still consider myself a beginner. I really liked The Equinox Series Handbook by Andy Sabisch. His "walk before you run" information and strategies are very useful for me.

But Clive's "From Beginner to Advanced" book brought the whole thing home for me. I'm a slow reader and have to re-read most things to get full comprehension, but for some reason the concepts just clicked for me. Clive's explanations of the way the Nox processes signal information and the related TIDs and his graphic representations of the different sounds made it much easier for me to understand. I've read that book 3 times now and  think I grasp the principles involved. In fact, my detecting skills at local parks and my trip to beach have improved to the point that I'm fairly confident that I know what's in the ground before I dig it. Of course I still dig them all just to verify, but I'm probably 70-80% accurate.

I'm about half way into "Skill Building..." and understand it better now that I got the basics down. I haven"t started "An Advanced Guide..." yet because I'm not advanced yet.

Sorry for running on but I finally felt like I had something to contribute. 😉

No, perfect. This is the kind of input I was looking for. I got mine around the same time you did and played around with simpler detectors before. Although I’ve finally feel I’ve made some cool finds and understand the basic functions, I’m also looking to increase my confidence and fill in some gaps. Thank you. 

• Like 1

Thanks for your kind review, Renagade Arts.  I had some great mentors when I was starting in the hobby and to see a few guys have those same "Eureka" moments is what keeps me pecking away at the console and jotting notes on gas receipts.  Hope that that accuracy brings you some big finds.  Good Luck Detecting, clive

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cjc said:

Thanks for your kind review, Renagade Arts.  I had some great mentors when I was starting in the hobby and to see a few guys have those same "Eureka" moments is what keeps me pecking away at the console and jotting notes on gas receipts.  Hope that that accuracy brings you some big finds.  Good Luck Detecting, clive

Thank you, Clive! Your insights have help me tremendously and I have made some pretty cool finds as a result.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks for your kind feedback, CPT.  The Advanced book is actually the middle one of the series and my favorite for what that's worth.  They are meant to be a set so I hope that the entire body of information is of good value to you  over time.  

This machine has a lot of potential but it's easier to unlock that if you start with some solid basic skills and a bit of theory.

Good Luck Detecting!

clive

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cjc said:

Thanks for your kind feedback, CPT.  The Advanced book is actually the middle one of the series and my favorite for what that's worth.  They are meant to be a set so I hope that the entire body of information is of good value to you  over time.  

This machine has a lot of potential but it's easier to unlock that if you start with some solid basic skills and a bit of theory.

Good Luck Detecting!

clive

Hi  Clive.Since we both hunt the same   lake(Ontario) what is your  favorite machine  for this lake.I have 16 gold on 19 trips this year. 8 with the nox and 8 with the infinium with the 8''mono.

I have read all three of Clive's books and one of Andy's. Hands down, Clive's 3 are the winner.

Sorry Andy, but too much filler fluff in your book for my tastes. Yes it is way more polished in publishing terms, but I go the good info not the pretty stuff.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 12:37 PM, nickeldNdimed said:

Yes, thank you. Good feedback on Andy’s book.

I’ve been using my 600 this year and have found silver coins, 1800s coins, and a couple of nicer rings (pic of some of my coin finds so far). Just getting to start playing with the various settings and trying to truly understand how changing each may help me find the hidden stuff or what I have missed. Also picked up a sweet deal on a used 6” coil I’ve yet to try so hoping it expands a bit on practical use of various coils and how one may want to set the settings. The manual helps but it is also kind of vague in practical application. 

I’m still wondering if there is one of the 3 Clive books that might be more comprehensive or complement Andy’s book better?  It seems with the 3 Clive books there could be some overlap in material.

4E4CA51E-5E7E-4B5B-8B42-399045CE559A.jpeg

just a little overlap on Clive's 3 books but packed with very useful info. Andy's books not so much.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 6:49 PM, Dances With Doves said:

Hi  Clive.Since we both hunt the same   lake(Ontario) what is your  favorite machine  for this lake.I have 16 gold on 19 trips this year. 8 with the nox and 8 with the infinium with the 8''mono.

I'm doing well with the Anfibio lately--its  good for going behind the  army of NOX hunters--deeper and just as good  at spotting quality responses.  I let the junk beat these  dig all  guys.  cjc

• Like 3

On 10/13/2021 at 4:49 PM, maxxkatt said:

I have read all three of Clive's books and one of Andy's. Hands down, Clive's 3 are the winner.

Sorry Andy, but too much filler fluff in your book for my tastes. Yes it is way more polished in publishing terms, but I go the good info not the pretty stuff.

Thanks for clarifying that point, John.
My format is small and light but that lets me ship worldwide and in quantity to buyers who want all 3. 
Lean and mean.
Also, mines the one about finding gold...😁
Thanks for your ongoing support.
Kind Regards 
clive
  • Like 1