XP DEUS Goes High Frequency?

Steve Herschbach

From http://www.xp-adventures.co.uk on metal detector rally being held Sept 17 - 18 in the UK....

"XP Metal Detectors Team demonstrating the full range of XP Metal Detectors, products and new releases."

"Hopefully some new XP products will be on display and available for you to try."

"XP tutorials of new products"

"Over 150 XP prizes including 10 XP Deus, 20 XP pin pointers" (the pin pointers are one of the new products)

All points really hard at new product release Sept 17 - 18 as has been rumored for months.

The only new product that wont be on show or not being demonstrated i should say is the new hoard hunter setup as that is still in trial period at the moment,but had thought about going as i use Deus but hate massive big rallies like this,so will just carrying on detecting on my own permissions as usually.The new coil and software does not interest me really if i am honest as the higher freq dont add any advantages for the targets or sites that i detect on ie hammered silver coins etc,the higher freq may be good for Celtic gold staters though lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 23 August 2016 at 6:45 PM, RickUK said:

The only new product that wont be on show or not being demonstrated i should say is the new hoard hunter setup as that is still in trial period at the moment,but had thought about going as i use Deus but hate massive big rallies like this,so will just carrying on detecting on my own permissions as usually.The new coil and software does not interest me really if i am honest as the higher freq dont add any advantages for the targets or sites that i detect on ie hammered silver coins etc,the higher freq may be good for Celtic gold staters though lol

I agree with you regarding the new software and coils for the UK market it won't maybe make a big impact as 90% of the detectorist do fields and pasture......but for Africa which is a huge market thats a different story :)

RR

• Like 1

I am a bit surprised at the number of people who think the new coils will be of no interest to coin hunters. According to Andy the new frequencies using the new coils are 14.5 kHz, 29 kHz, and 53 kHz.

At 14.5 kHz you still have an excellent general purpose frequency. Examples:

Garrett AT Pro 15 kHz
White's MXT 14 kHz
Fisher F75 13 kHz

One way to look at it is that 14.5 kHz is a great compromise between the 12 kHz and 18 kHz frequencies that most people use when they run a DEUS.

The real key will be which frequency is the primary frequency - the other frequencies are harmonics and do not make as efficient use of the coil as the primary frequency. If they really are doing all they can to make this a nugget detecting option for Africa then the coil will be optimized at 53 kHz (or 55 khz). It could just as well be one if the other frequencies though. Regardless, I think fears that the new coils may not be all that great for coin detecting are unfounded. In fact, at 5.5" x 9" the new elliptical should be better at sniffing out coins in trash than the current smallest 9" coil option. No matter what the number of targets under the coil is a main factor when it comes to target id accuracy and the new elliptical coil covers almost half as much ground area as the 9" round coil. I think people are in for a pleasant surprise when it comes to coin detecting.

• Like 3

All I know I'll have the 5.5 X 9 as soon as I can get my hands on one for my XP Deus. Just like I'll have the 6 inch concentric coil for my MX Sport when they make it.

I can download the V. 4 if or when it too comes out.

Chuck

• Like 1

On 28 September 2016 at 7:11 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

I am a bit surprised at the number of people who think the new coils will be of no interest to coin hunters. According to Andy the new frequencies using the new coils are 14.5 kHz, 29 kHz, and 53 kHz.

At 14.5 kHz you still have an excellent general purpose frequency. Examples:

Garrett AT Pro 15 kHz
White's MXT 14 kHz
Fisher F75 13 kHz

One way to look at it is that 14.5 kHz is a great compromise between the 12 kHz and 18 kHz frequencies that most people use when they run a DEUS.

The real key will be which frequency is the primary frequency - the other frequencies are harmonics and do not make as efficient use of the coil as the primary frequency. If they really are doing all they can to make this a nugget detecting option for Africa then the coil will be optimized at 53 kHz (or 55 khz). It could just as well be one if the other frequencies though. Regardless, I think fears that the new coils may not be all that great for coin detecting are unfounded. In fact, at 5.5" x 9" the new elliptical should be better at sniffing out coins in trash than the current smallest 9" coil option. No matter what the number of targets under the coil is a main factor when it comes to target id accuracy and the new elliptical coil covers almost half as much ground area as the 9" round coil. I think people are in for a pleasant surprise when it comes to coin detecting.

Steve when i asked Alain Loubet he mentioned the purpose of the coils were for nuggets and small coins and artefact,but my question was related to the beach to be precise .But as you said it may be of utility for coins hunter.I never used higher than 25khz on medium size targets i can't ait to try the 50khz on the Thames God knows what is waiting for me!!!

RR