Gold Pocket Watch And Spectacles Found At Pioneer Site In Wa State

Good stuff, particularly two generations enjoying the same hobby, and learning some history in the process.  Looks like railroad stuff, particularly the younger guy (son?) saying that the loggers would put in tracks for transporting the cut trees.  I found an old bullet in a California forrest that was logged in the 1890's, so some of your bullet and casing finds could be old.  I don't know a good way to identify age, but somebody out there does.  (There's an expert in everything, but finding that person can be the difficult part.)

Have you considered wearing gloves?  I was cringing mutiple times when you two were putting your hands into blind holes.

Your videos are catchy (I like the music editing) and good that you keep them short.  Maybe toss in a few seconds of the detector swinging over the target prior to recovery, even showing the screen if possible (just my preference when watching -- most vidoes don't do this is, but afterall, it's metal detecting)!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks gold plated but still a fantastic find. I have yet to find a complete pocket watch, have plenty of pieces and no bezels.

• Like 1

Good finds and it does look plated with a plastic crystal. Acrylic crystals were made around 1916 plus or minus to the modern day.

• Thanks 1