Doc's Protective Cover For GPZ 7000

I got to see one of these recently and it is the best cover for the GPZ 7000 I have seen and at a very reasonable price. Retail is $129 but most everyone seems to have it for US$109 which is a really great price in my opinion. Cheap insurance for a 10K detector! According to Doc:

• Covers are made of durable heavy duty green canvas like material with a neoprene lining to cushion your expensive metal detector.

• The kit includes the control box cover, the control head screen cover, and a cover for your Wireless module.

• Easy access drop down rear panel to easily change the battery without having to take the entire cover off.

• Easy access flap to plug your headphones directly in to the detector secured by hook and loop.

• The bottom of the cover is made with single ply conveyor belt material.  This makes the bottom tough as nails and easy to wipe the dirt and dust off with just a damp cloth.

If anyone has one on their GPZ now would be a great time to post a photo!

post-1-0-95377200-1447984611_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-83219400-1447984617_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-56594700-1447984618_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-59405000-1447984619_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I have one, would definitely recommend it. Don't have a pic offhand but it's in some vids.

It's built like a tank and constructed very good but still lightweight, perfect color and fabric choice, obvious that a GPZ user (Doc) designed it.

I'm cutting the various straps out of the back to make it easier to pull the battery in and out daily since they get in the way of the battery clips, but even with them there it's still a lot easier to change batteries than with the Aussie covers.

• Like 1

This cover fits the CTX 3030 also!

Here it is on my "lost" GPX 7000

post-168-0-92938300-1447985604_thumb.jpg

post-168-0-28544400-1447985622_thumb.jpg

There are a few exposed fabric edges that are not taped that needed a quick melt with a lighter to stop the fraying. The screen cover @ the window and same on the remote cover.

• Like 2

It's a great cover. It's pretty much the only option out there.

Doc must be left handed tho because the little logo shoulda been stitched to the other side of the cover! Also the logo on the screen cover is upside down.

I did product design professionally for many years so I'm a little critical of little things like that  ;)

I really don't see myself wearing this thing out tho, ever. Kinda like the black GPZ coil cover.

Now Doc or somebody needs to come up with a better arm strap like the Eureka Worx ones for the GPX detectors.

• Like 1

Doc, invents some great after market accessories for our detectors and our hobby! Here's my GPZ cover, and on my buddies GPZ coil is one of Doc's Poke Holders! Doc, keep thinking and talk to you soon...your with me on every hunt or your products are...lol

Rick

post-397-0-58196000-1448037026_thumb.jpe

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have Doc's cover and am satisfied with it's overall quality and the protection it provides for the detector.  I also find it a bit awkward to remove and insert the battery on the 7000 cover.  I have considered cutting out the little elastic straps which just seem to get in the way of my ten thumbs.  

Regarding the above, my choice was based on quick accessibility to a quality product.  Doc is providing a product not otherwise readily available in the U.S.  I got mine 2 days after ordering from Rob.

My previous cover was the Steve inspired economy "knee brace" cover.  Worked good, but the back of battery was getting a little scratched because it was exposed.

• Like 2

• The topic was unlocked