A Lot Of Silver

Wow, I wonder if anyone passed over that signal grumbling "just another stupid can" 😄 Great find. The best I can do is a sterling silver spoon 🙄

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

The best I can do is a sterling silver spoon

I'd take that in a heartbeat.  I only seem to be able to recover silver plate, or much worse -- stainless.  At least the silver plate has some history/age and beauty (design) in many cases.

But back OT -- excellent find, Okara Gold!  Keep it up and you'll have to change your site name to the less desirable precious metal, though.  🤔

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Wow, I wonder if anyone passed over that signal grumbling "just another stupid can" 😄 Great find. The best I can do is a sterling silver spoon 🙄

Here's the story...This small beach is hunted hard and regularly by me and others in the water. It's been sanded in for quite awhile with only a meager find once in a while. I happened to find an area no more than 100 feet by 40 feet that was amazingly full of targets. This shows 2 hunts in the same day (one in the morning that found the majority of targets and the other just before sunset), about 6 hours total, gridding in the water waist to chin deep. 3 rings all junk, ( the gold plated one had my attention for about 10 seconds);  41 coins and a good running watch. Surprisingly very little trash.

Went back the next day and all was gone except for a few pennies. Been checking back every so often but nothing has been showing up. Last time there a 4 hour water hunt produced a few coins.

silver chain heavy.jpeg

silver chain heavy1.jpeg

• Like 2

That's an appropriate chain for an anchor o.g.- congrats! 

• Like 1

That junk ring would have gotten my attention too. Love the design and would have been a beauty if it were in gold.  Spots open up and close up at an extremely fast pace.  Just shows you that hunted hard places are only beat to death until mother nature makes the look like they have never been hunted at all. When the Equinox first came out, I had one beach hunt where I got 9 gold items, (some rings, some paper thin trinkets, some charms). I thought I could get back there next week and continue that trend :laugh: Nothing in the gold or silver range.  I have learned to appreciate the hunt more than stressing about hitting gold or silver. But it is a good feeling when you get into that kind of area and realize that a lot of sand must be gone.  For a silver chain that huge, to still be there makes you realize there are other smaller desirable targets still lurking beneath the sand! I would have immediately thought that chain was fake if I found it :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Well done.  I found a long silver chain once and they are a real pain to keep clean.  I looked at it once a few years after I found it and did the aluminum foil cleaning on it that time.  Silver is cool and feels nice as a big chain.

• Like 1