Gold Buddy Drywasher Part Missing!

I got me a Gold Buddy Drywasher a few years ago from a friend. Never used it, now I have plans to use it, and can't find the insert that holds the Drywasher cloth under the riffles. If anyone has one and can shoot me a picture of it? And or any other ideas of what cloth to use? Much appreciated. I would have put this in the gold prospecting forum, but wanted to get some exposure on here first. Steve can move it or delete it after I get some help from you guys. 

20200828_174737.jpg

20200828_174743.jpg

The cloth is called muslin, prospecting stores usually sell it or something similar, or fabric stores. I've used a low thread count cheapy bed sheet from Walmart in a pinch and it worked almost as good.

Is there an insert to hold the cloth? I've never used that brand, but the Keene's I've just always rubber cemented the cloth directly to the underside of the riffles/riffle tray. Just gotta make sure to get the cloth a little bit taut and hold it until the cement dries.

Unfortunately, Gold Buddy and parent company Jobe Mfg have gone defunct........a real shame.  

I would call Keene (ask for Abraham), they should have the material to re-do that riffle tray and it should be the right stuff.  Most vibra static forced air drywashers operate similar enough and all use the same blowers. Oh and I would say its for a 151 or 140 .....if you know what I mean.  Pat has always been kinda weird about helping the "competition".  Although there is little of it left these days.

I find myself doing mostly drywashing these days and still find an occasional nugget in the drywasher piles. At  $2000 an ounce those fines really add up now!

Good luck

• Like 1

Hey Sourdough. I would reach out to Royal Mfg. here in Southern California and see if Robert the owner can make you a custom size fabric screen or order one of his existing products if it fits. The Royal Drywasher and the Gold Buddy are very similar in construction as I have owned both models. Good luck! -Mike

www.royalmfgind.com

https://www.royalmfgind.com/product/royal-gold-9-7-8x-21-5-8/

Screenshot_20200828-205837_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SDMiner said:

Hey Sourdough. I would reach out to Royal Mfg. here in Southern California and see if Robert the owner can make you a custom size fabric screen or order one of his existing products if it fits. The Royal Drywasher and the Gold Buddy are very similar in construction as I have owned both models. Good luck! -Mike

www.royalmfgind.com

https://www.royalmfgind.com/product/royal-gold-9-7-8x-21-5-8/

Sounds like a good option 

• Like 2

Joann's has synthetic fabric by the meter. Synthetic worked best for me as it doesn't hold the moisture.

Amazon or a metal store will have perforated stainless plate, which was the part in my old gold buddy