Need A Part For My Tesoro Amigo Ii

my grandkids broke one of the battery door push pin connectors to my amigo II, does anyone know where I could find a replacement one? It appears to be exactly like the one on my old whites goldmaster II. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank's to all that reply.

20200829_112928.jpg

2 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

the push pins are the same, the battery door is different. I just posted a pic. is there a way to remove the push pins without breaking them? 

They expand to lock into place once installed, but can be compressed and pushed back out. Not easy though - try the survivor of your two to see how that goes.

They are called a Nylatch Panel Fastener. There are different sizes to contend with and I'm not sure which you have.

Google Search

nylatch-panel-fastener-metal-detector-push-lock-pin.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

They expand to lock into place once installed, but can be compressed and pushed back out. Not easy though - try the survivor of your two to see how that goes.

They are called a Nylatch Panel Fastener. There are different sizes to contend with and I'm not sure which you have.

Google Search

nylatch-panel-fastener-metal-detector-push-lock-pin.jpg

thank's a ton. I'll measure mine and match to the correct size. I had no idea where to look or what they were called.

• Like 1

Just measure the hole diameter and you should be able to find a close match. If not, self adhesive velcro works wonders for things like that. Good luck!!!

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 12:36 PM, devilsrenegade said:

my grandkids broke one of the battery door push pin connectors to my amigo II, does anyone know where I could find a replacement one? It appears to be exactly like the one on my old whites goldmaster II. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank's to all that reply.

20200829_112928.jpg

Shoot me a message with your address. I can send you a complete door. I have a dead Amigo that I robbed some components from to fix another, anyway, I have a spare housing and can gladly donate the battery cover.  Always good to see a Tesoro getting used by the younglings!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1