Metal Detector Classifieds Website Gone?

I noticed the same thing.............so far it is a mystery. We need Simon to solve this one, I think.

On 8/29/2020 at 12:31 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

I never bought here but they looked like a good place to do so. I saw some good buys there, and listing was free. But now they are gone? Seems to be happening a lot in metal detector land these days.

http://www.treasureclassifieds.com/

I saw this too it’s like it just disappeared out of the blue. Strange

Seems to me, as I recall, this happened once before with them. Maybe late paying their bill?

Jim

According to a poster on Friendly, the owner/administrator had a stroke. If/when he recovers, he will get the site back up.

5 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

According to a poster on Friendly, the owner/administrator had a stroke. If/when he recovers, he will get the site back up.

I really hate to hear that. Here is to hoping they get better.

Too much bad in the world today, everybody needs to send well wishes that person's way.

25 minutes ago, RobNC said:

I really hate to hear that.   

Me too. I hope he fully recovers. 

Yeah...me too. He ran a good site. Hope he fully recovers.

Jim

I am one of the moderators at the Forum portion. Couldn't escape the job. Admin has been an absentee landlord. Who put his heart and sole into the forum. Which never really took off. Over the past year or so, as mod, I had very limited powers. It was being infiltrated by spammers etc., many we weeded out. Then the forum format code got screwed up and the forum was not displaying right. For the past several years, basically a ghost town. Admin was not fixing the issues. He did hang on with the hopes, the site would someday become popular. Sad to see the forum end this way, sad to hear Joe had a medical emergency. Hope he fully recovers, could be a long road for him. Wish him the best!!!