Nevada Has / Had Great History And Variety Of Gold Experts

Epic post Gerry!

Is that massive quartz chunk in front of Spencer shot through with gold??

• Like 3

Nice post Gerry.  

4 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Never toss a dug up piece of trash back on the ground, please put it in your pouch.

And a great piece of advice.   I have come across this before and just don't understand why anyone would - it just makes it hard for the next person.  What many don't realise is that the next person may be themselves with a new detector or a new coil.  Talk about 'shooting yourself in the foot'.   

Some beautiful gold amongst your pics  👍

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Elevation - Most of the placer nuggets seem to be in the same elevation zone within a few hundred feet anyway.  If you are a follower on DP, then you recently seen this info was spoken and posted.  Do your do diligence and read.

Wow, Gerry, thanks!  That post is worthy of an article in a hardcopy magazine.  Few left, but Gold Prospectors (GPAA bi-monthly) would be quite receptive, IMO.  Then again, maybe you want it just kept among the members here....

I do have one question on the above statement.  When you say 'elevation', do you mean absolute altitude (distance above sea level) or relative altitude (above the surrounding norm)?  And does this apply to the entire state or more specifically the NW quadrant?

OK, I lied.  I though of another question.  You said: "Still plenty of gold to be found in Northern Nevada,...."  Can you estimate the fraction of that area which is unclaimed and public?  (Just a WAG -- 50%? 20%? etc.)

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 1:10 PM, jasong said:

Epic post Gerry!

Is that massive quartz chunk in front of Spencer shot through with gold??

It was not all through it but if I remember right, I think over a pound of the yellow stuff was in it.  Close to a 100 pound boulder and that there is a 25" round coil to give everyone an idea of the size of hole he had to dig.  Thanks for all your great posts as well.

• Like 3

Peg -  In 2012 when you hit your 1st RP patch, it had to be a phone call...I'm just in the last year learning the cell phone does more than make a call.  Texting is new to me, but I'm learning.   The 2nd pic of your 1+ ozt nuggets is amazing and you better have a blown up pic of them hanging on the wall somewhere, maybe in your FL home to keep you smiling every day.  Thanks for adding.

jrbeatty -  Us Yanks dream of that red dirt stained gold of higher purity.  Guess the old saying still holds true.  "Most everyone thinks the gold is better on the other side of the hills/world".  Fact is, we get used to finding one type and so it is quite interesting to see something golden that is different.  We all want to put different kids of gold in our collection.  Thanks for adding.

GB - Glad you enjoyed it so much.  As for the Elevation, I feel it has to do more with the region you are in and the elevation most others are finding gold.  Yes the NNW part of NV is a lot alike, but I do know of exceptions too.  Jason mentioned in an earlier post for North NV and I would have to agree for the most part. Relative to the area is what I prefer.  As for % of claimed and open land.  Don't take this wrong, but I feel big mining companies claimed land is still open to the guy and his dog walking around with a metal detector.  I have yet in all my years been chased of of big mining company claims as they are chasing a different kind of gold.  So if I take them out of the equation, I feel there is at least 50% of open land to swing a detector.  Thanks for adding.

• Like 7

Cool post! Love the pics!

Thanks!👍👍

• Like 1