My Best Hunt This Year

1 hour ago, Compass said:

Thank you Sir! Maybe so but it's still nice to hear about gold finds with the AQ by someone not named Joe or Alexandre. :laugh:

I will try my best to keep posting AQ gold finds. I can’t wait for winter to get here and take some sand away to get some deeper/older gold 👍

Could be a stupid comment, but I see more than the gold beauty there.... Congratulations for that, but my question on it, is a bit strange...

Have You noticed a clear, really noticeable sound difference between all those sizes and shapes?

You have picked up five pieces of different grams and size too...I'm courios to know how this affected your ears on it...

Had You even a vague idea of a gold piece with the signals, before to dig it?

1 hour ago, Skullgolddiver said:

Could be a stupid comment, but I see more than the gold beauty there.... Congratulations for that, but my question on it, is a bit strange...

Have You noticed a clear, really noticeable sound difference between all those sizes and shapes?

You have picked up five pieces of different grams and size too...I'm courios to know how this affected your ears on it...

Had You even a vague idea of a gold piece with the signals, before to dig it?

I only have about 20hrs on the AQ but I’ll try to give you some info. I hear people say that they can tell when there’s a round (ring) object under the coil but I can’t. If the object is ferrous, a certain length and not too deep I can tell.  Bobby pins are one of the objects easier to recognize when they aren’t too deep and I’m sure with more time I will recognize them deeper. You are actually able to tell when there’s a larger size object by the sound but I like to run my coil in a circle around the signal to paint a better picture of its size.  Very rarely do I do the lift the coil method for sizing/depth although is very useful.

As far as knowing if it’s gold under the coil that’s way beyond my expertise. When I had a TDI SL I could tell when I had a dime or quarter but that was it. The AQ in tone mode does seems to give a different signal for quarters and it sounds like a deep bass sound but I still need more time swinging to say with certainty. Hope this info is useful. HH

• Like 2