Gold Kruzer Target ID Numbers?

With the Gold Kruzer the first year I hunted in Micro mode. The next year I hunted in Deep mode. This year switch back to Micro mode which is the better than Deep mode for micro gold like the mode says. Disc set at 22 takes out nails. 

This detector is a true relic hunter too. A true relic detector to me means it will hit on iron relics which I like a detector  to do. I like the GK24 9.5 x 5 dd and the GK19 7.5 x 5 dd. I like concentric coils but I don't like the concentric coil with this detector. I would really like to see an 8" coil.

I think you would enjoy the Gold Kruzer. Depth is good in my mild ground. 61khz hitting my 10" test dime.

Coils to use.JPG

• Like 2

I ordered a Gold Racer. I think it will be about as good as I can get in heavy coal/coke areas near many of the older areas here with the iMask feature. I like the extended iron range so discrimination can be more precise much like the AT series has. I am also hoping the 56khz will work better around high emi areas that are difficult with my other machines. I know a PI would work better in many of the spots I hit but a dig all approach isn't possible on lawns and parks. The other thing I do like the Gold Racer over the Gold Kruzer is there is a wider choice of coils for it from CORS.

Hopefully will be here next week and I can put it through it's paces.

11 hours ago, kac said:

I ordered a Gold Racer.

(I originally thought you said simply 'Racer' which prompted my post, which I've now edited.)

I look forward to you reporting your experiences.  I know Steve H. was (and still is) a fan of this detector for native gold detecting, combined with coin hunting abilities.  I think it was the first detector ever released that operates at >30 kHz and is a decent coin detector.  Many since then as we all know.

• Like 2

I think I will do ok with it. Hopefully it will work in areas I struggle with my other machines.

Gold Racer is a great machine! Yup, the first high frequency machine with target id. If White's had listened to me and made a 48 kHz MXT they could have done it, but it took Makro to listen. I still have the one below, my late prototype test model. The pitch mode is fun for park jewelry hunting - zip, zip!

The Gold Kruzer is basically just an updated Gold Racer, but I still kind of prefer the Gold Racer. Not much call for waterproof in the desert, and there is something to be said for drop in batteries. A little better balance also with the underarm battery location.

makro-gold-racer-with-nevada-gold-nugget-herschbach.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Steve, How do the Gold Racer and Gold Kruzer compare?

Comparable detectors regarding performance. The Kruzer adds waterproof and built in rechargeable batteries. Like I said above, I kind of lean Gold Racer. Not for any performance reasons, simply the physical design of the Gold Racer suits me better. Except for the power knob sticking out the back. That should be on the touch pad like everything else.

• Like 1

Hi  Steve ,is  the target Id on the racer better then gmx?My gmx seems to up average a lot of targets  even if they have a little depth to them. The iron id masks a lot of targets if  I knock   out  nails. I go by how the zip sounds and look at what the numbers are doing to decide on what to dig.It also depends on where I am.I love it in the tot lots.

27 minutes ago, Dances With Doves said:

Hi  Steve ,is  the target Id on the racer better then gmx?My gmx seems to up average a lot of targets  even if they have a little depth to them. The iron id masks a lot of targets if  I knock   out  nails. I go by how the zip sounds and look at what the numbers are doing to decide on what to dig.It also depends on where I am.I love it in the tot lots.

I’ve not compared the two directly. Keep in mind the Gold Racer and 24K/GMX are designed for nugget hunting, and the target id system is designed more as a “ferrous versus non-ferrous” system than it was a coin id system. So the real intent is to identify non-ferrous, and for you to dig it. Coin id features are kind of a bonus and so I have no idea how much effort was put into that aspect of the machines.

As far as up averaging goes, all single frequency machines do it, and as long as non-ferrous up averages to non-ferrous it does not matter. Either way you dig it. Again, not having directly compared, I’m not sure if the GR or the GMK differ in that regard, or by how much.

• Like 1

Gold Racer and Gold Kruzer (nice built in wireless too which doesn't need a dongle) actually have traditional target ID numbers. GM24K and GMX numbers are not really traditional target ID numbers. They are more probability numbers.

• Like 3