Another Garbage Bin Find....

Long story short, I don't even know what machine I was using when I pulled it out from the bottom, but maybe months after, half an hour ago I was checking my Ctx for tomorrow hunt and testing some targets from my garbage/crusty/horrible coins can....When I passed it over the coil the numbers were all but obvious to be silver...So a 12.24 was lightning under my eyes and decided to give it a go for a steel wool run...

I still need to clean well the Inside part of this oldie to the point I can barely see some engraving like a date or something...

For now, I'm smiling like a child with a surprise...Gold has a terrible effect in my veins💀

It is the second time that I find something interesting but neglected...My daughter found a charm in the same bin😵....

IMG_20200830_195059_compress43.jpg

• Like 8

Surprise gold is always welcome- it's like having a good hunt without leaving home- congrats!. In a bit of a coincidence I think I found some surprise gold myself today which I will post after cleaning.

• Like 1

Congrads on the surprise...👍

Something I have experienced, high tone on the excalibur and a black ring sometimes means rolled gold, or hand laid gold. AND I have dug gold as black as coal,..be gold.. 

OBN0358.jpg

• Like 4

Nice second save. All my jewelry goes through electrolysis for a least a minute. Then a quick buff with a rag. I had one ring that looked rusted, turned out to be 10K.

HH

Mike

• Like 3