I have never used the T2 Teknetics before. I have owned the original green T2 several years ago and other than turning it on and testing it out a little my buddy pretty much begged me to sell it to him and that was that. 

So I have one coming to me now which is the T2 SE. 

Now I have had the F75 SE LTD and from what I gather the difference between the T2 and F75 are this

F75 has a back light, the ability to save your settings and the iron disc stops at 20 and the T2 iron disc stops at 40. Plus the layout if the screen is different but similar still.

I think that is the difference between the 2. 

Anyways, I am looking forward to getting it. I liked how the F75 balanced and it was a good machine. 

So anyone else still swinging one of these??

Yeah I knew the coils were not compatible. The only other coil I think I would be interested in is one of the large DD style ones made over in Europe or the MGC labs one from Russia. 

I sold my T2 LTD/SE within the last few weeks. I will say that it is a nice detector. It has a lot of aftermarket accessory coils available out there which makes it interesting. Some things I noted, but this is just me and my worthless opinion.

Positives: 1)Aftermarket coil selection is awesome. 2) Easy to operate, very few settings to fiddle with. 3) Superb balance, very ergonomic. 4)uses standard AA batteries.

Negatives: 1) chatty at times. 2) struggles in iron and mineralization vs. other more modern detectors(multi frequency). 3) Some pin pointers interfere with the detector. 4) larger coils offer more depth but still come up short vs. more modern detectors on known test garden targets. Specifically anything over 6 inches in depth. ID's and sounds off as iron.

I will say that the T2 SE/LTD with a small coil is a cherry picking monster, and in a chip bark/playground environment or park is deadly on clad. I also found 90% of my silver with the T2 SE/LTD and Cors Shrew coil.  I can not tell you how sensitive that combo is to the smallest of objects. Teeny-tiny things. Countless bling and even small little sparkly things off of kids shoes I found with that combo. Larger coils for me were not as accurate nor as forgiving.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RobNC said:

I sold my T2 LTD/SE within the last few weeks. I will say that it is a nice detector. It has a lot of aftermarket accessory coils available out there which makes it interesting. Some things I noted.....

Thanks for your input. I have to say that I am looking forward to messing around with it and yes I notice there are several coils out there as well. 

I have to ask though.....what did you replace your T2 with??

The reason I am getting some of these order units here lately is for back up units for my XP stuff. I have not had any problems with my XP machines but you just never know. Also I think having a detector that takes regular batteries is beneficial as well instead of just having a unit with an internal battery. 

3 hours ago, bigtim1973 said:

Thanks for your input. I have to say that I am looking forward to messing around with it and yes I notice there are several coils out there ad well. 

I have to ask though.....what did you replace your T2 with??

The reason I am getting some of these order units here lately is for back up units for my XP stuff. I have not had any problems with my XP machines but you just never know. Also I think having a detector that takes regular batteries is beneficial as well instead of just having a unit with an internal battery. 

I have an Equinox 800 and XP ORX with 11" X35 coil. They don't take the T2's place but between those 2 I have all I need.

Even at lower sensitivity (40 or so) the T2 finds things, and small if you have the right coil. I pretty much cleaned all my current sites out from 0-5" of anything worth having with the T2. Evertyhing left  is deep and/or masked by junk. Difficult hunting.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bigtim1973 said:

Yeah I knew the coils were not compatible. The only other coil I think I would be interested in is one of the large DD style ones made over in Europe or the MGC labs one from Russia. 

Well, I didn't know you knew that because you didn't mention it in your post and you asked folks to chime in on differences - maybe I am overreacting :smile:  Anyway, I guess my point was not so much about the interchangeability, but the fact your accessory coil selection will be limited because the T2 is intentionally not wired up to accept concentric coils unlike your F75.  May not be an issue if you don't plan to get more coils, as you say but later on you talked about noticing additional coils out there.  The concentric really makes the F75 a bottlecap killer.   And while truly somewhat different than the F75,  the T2's DNA was sufficiently close enough to the F75's in performance that  the additional limitation on conetrics made it not worth it to me to have both detectors in stable.  It is a great detector in its own right and has great ergonomics like the F75, I just felt the F75 brought more versatility to the table.  HTH.

• Like 1

Hey Chase you meant to put me in my place with that coil remark didn't you?? 😋

No offense taken at all.

Yeah the concentric coils are handy with bottle caps. Seems like there also was the old coil wiggle thing you could do on a suspicious bottle cap target that would make the iron fart come out in the signal and also raising the coil above the target on a bottle cap the numbers would drop where as on a coin or good target the numbers would remain the same. 

I do not see many people using g the large Teknetics coil with the T2 for wide open places. Everyone seems to get one of the coils by Mars or similar from Europe. 

Is it because the large white coil is heavier??

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, bigtim1973 said:

Hey Chase you meant to put me in my place with that coil remark didn't you?? 😋

No offense taken at all.

Yeah the concentric coils are handy with bottle caps. Seems like there also was the old coil wiggle thing you could do on a suspicious bottle cap target that would make the iron fart come out in the signal and also raising the coil above the target on a bottle cap the numbers would drop where as on a coin or good target the numbers would remain the same. 

I do not see many people using g the large Teknetics coil with the T2 for wide open places. Everyone seems to get one of the coils by Mars or similar from Europe. 

Is it because the large white coil is heavier??

Yeah no offense, just ribbing you, hence the smiley.

Yeah, I got the large white 15 inch coil as part of an upgrade package from FT to install DST into my T2.  It is overly heavy and an under performer.  A total boat anchor IMO.  You are better off going with a Detech Ultimate 13" or similar.  The Detech is a great coil and got one for the F75, I kept.  I included the large white coil in the package deal when I sold my T2 a couple years back.  HTH.

Wow so that is the reason why they do not seem very popular. 

You know I had one of the MGC labs coils made in Russia on a makro racer 2. It is a very good coil. It is less expensive than the detech coil and others. Matter of fact they out my little email up on their website on my thoughts of their racer coil.

I was disappointed to see on their website that they do not have one out for the T2 yet. 

Anyways I have some time to ponder the thought a little on the T2 with other coils. 

I used to use Teknetics products all of the time. I had the Omega 8000, Eurotek pro and gamma. At the time the best bang for the buck was the Eurotek pro imo. That little thing was fun to use.

They are a decent mid range brand. 

It is all about having fun anyway and seeing what clicks with you the best. I like to try different machines to see how they compare to others.