Hey that is pretty cool on how long your batteries have been hanging in there. I saw on a few videos of guys changing the batteries out of their Dues stuff like the coils and the WS headphones and it does not look too bad at all. 

I think they are absolutely fantastic units.

I been in this hobby since I was a kid. My brother made me dig for him back in 1982 when I was 9 years old. I did not appreciate the hobby until i got older into my teenage years. Although when I was a kid I did enjoy digging up the old hot wheels and toys we would come across. If I remember right it was some kind of Bounty Hunter Prospector machine. It had a few knobs and a meter. Nothing special at all. But it got us into the hobby.

The technology sure has come a long way since then.......About as long as this thread has come since we starting out talking about the T2 I  bugging you guys thought about!!! LOL!!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Yeah, I got the large white 15 inch coil as part of an upgrade package from FT to install DST into my T2.  It is overly heavy and an under performer.  A total boat anchor IMO.

17 hours ago, phrunt said:

The 15" Teknetics/Fisher coil is an absolute POS and an embarrassment that they even made it.  Mine's nothing more than a decoration.

Boat anchor and decoration?  Oh, I see a use for it then.  Christmas tree stand!

I was fortunate to read negative reviews of it before I even got my Fisher F75, so never fell for the surprisingly good used price on Ebay.  One noticeable difference in used coils for the T2 vs. F75 -- the T2 coils always seemed considerably less expensive.  (I don't pay as much attention any more since I've mostly moved on the the Equinox.)

The F75 is my IB/VLF backup.  I've read people saying they buy a Vanquish, Simplex, Apex, etc. to have as a backup and a loaner for friends/family who want to go along on a detect.  The F75 is all that for me.  I have the stock 7"x11" DD, the Fisher 5" DD, 5"x10" Concentric, and (my favorite that Simon talked me into) Detech 13" Ultimate DD.  Although I've pretty much stopped buying coils for now, I would like to find a used, inexpensive 4" x 6" Cors Shrew DD (or the NEL equivalent whose name slips me at the moment).  There's a good price on a used 4"x6" Fisher concentric on Ebay right now, but....

Of the differences between the T2 and F75 which have been discussed already, I wouldn't miss the fact that the T2 can't accept concentrics.  I've never met a concentric I liked as well as an equivalently sized DD.  But that's just I.  Many detectorist like or even prefer the concentrics.  I am glad that the F75 remembers previous settings.  Excellent all around detector but as Simon emphasizes, the TID's deteriorate with depth.  I think that is why many tout it as among the best IB/VLF relic detectors around, but seldom emphasize its coin hunting prowess.  I assume its older cousin, the T2, gets the same reviews on those two applications.