Apex Unbiased Field Testing

you are correct chase! the fact that minelab has been in the multi-iq
game for a while now, and has demonstrated that they can produce in the field,
along with the "price point" and the value the vanquish pro-pack truly is, was a "no- brainer"
for me. garret's technology is "'unproven" and represented a much bigger gamble for me.
i really don't care for the 600/800 iterations.i like simple, and "proven" technology, and the 540
has already been "strutting it's stuff" (so to speak) for a good while now. it appears that garrett has already "spit the bit"
due to issues in  the field.

(h.h.!)

j.t.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kaolin washer said:

Garett better start making somthing better than that or we will see some bad news like whites, gee wizz,

They are not even close to being in White's situation.  They are paying attention to their competition and what hobbyists are looking for.  They were cautious and did not oversell this as anything more than an Ace variant.  Their legions of brand loyal customers will lap this up and hopefully they can make some true inroads into improving recovery speed and tone customizations on the next iteration, presumably an AT series machine.  They really took a step in the right direction by updating the user interface, design, and ergonomics with solid wireless audio and rechargeable battery.  May have made a tactical error in not providing user software upgrade capability.  Garrett isn't going away any time soon.  Question is whether they are going to be competitive with the likes of Minelab (who are going to release at least one if not more new detector models in 2021) or content to just play to their loyal hobbyist fan base while they make money off their professional security product lines.  Time will tell.

• Like 3