Impulse AQ In Surf / 36 Psu Salinity

28 minutes ago, deborah195412 said:

I have a lot of deep sand here, but when you vary the coil height off the bottom even a little bit is goes full audio. This is on 2 different machines here. I have tried both machines and they act the same here.

Yes this is quite normal for a strongly sensitive PI, just vary the height less than less 1 inch to get a signal.

I showed it in the video below, as soon as I searchcoil is not parallel you have signal.

It is a matter of habit, it should force you to swing parallel to the floor with a lot of regularity to obtain great stability and increased sensitivity.

We can only help you if you show a video, where we see the settings, the swing, and the beach environment.

14 minutes ago, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

Yes this is quite normal for a strongly sensitive PI, just vary the height less than less 1 inch to get a signal.

I showed it in the video below, as soon as I searchcoil is not parallel you have signal.

It is a matter of habit, it should force you to swing parallel to the floor with a lot of regularity to obtain great stability and increased sensitivity.

I have been detecting many years, My coil sweep is always parallel to the ground. The bottom here is not perfectly smooth. lots of ripples and dips as you are hunting. I get stability in volcanic sand mode and I am able to vary the pulse delay across the full range. It is just not stable enough in the other modes. You are comparing apples to oranges. Get out in neck deep water and try it. It acts different than on the beach or shallow water.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, deborah195412 said:

I have been detecting many years, My coil sweep is always parallel to the ground. The bottom here is not perfectly smooth. lots of ripples and dips as you are hunting. I get stability in volcanic sand mode and I am able to vary the pulse delay across the full range. It is just not stable enough in the other modes.

Please, do you get the same results as in this video?

44 minutes ago, deborah195412 said:

I have a lot of deep sand here, but when you vary the coil height off the bottom even a little bit is goes full audio. This is on 2 different machines here. I have tried both machines and they act the same here.

I'm sorry for that.This is a retuning fact maybe.Not sure if caused by your particular salt environment or the Ats.

Unluckily I'm destinated to wait for a long time before the AQ can be in my hands here in Italy🤬.

I solved this thing with a smaller coil on the Tdi but was more due to the dual field coil, necessarily to remove for water hunting in really salty area like mine.

4 minutes ago, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

Please, do you get the same results as in this video?

My AQ is no where near that stable in neck deep water. Audio is constantly changing up and down. If mine was as stable as this video I would have no problem.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, deborah195412 said:

My AQ is no where near that stable in neck deep water. Audio is constantly changing up and down. If mine was as stable as this video I would have no problem.

If this phenomenon only happens when the detector is completely in water, the diagnosis is not the same as if it also appears as in the video.

What happens when you are not in neck deep water? Have you the same result as the video?

1 hour ago, deborah195412 said:

Deborah I tried to explain to Willy you were chest deep same as Joe when your issue occurs. Maybe I should have not mentioned Joe. On one of your comments you said you knew it was designed for wet surf beach. Although I never have seen an LE JAG video in the water it is rated for one meter and the Souriau connector is ip68 so I would think they planed on chest to neck deep. I certainly did as well as another pirate friend of mine up north.