Impulse AQ In Surf / 36 Psu Salinity

23 minutes ago, dewcon4414 said:

Or simply send Dankowski one.  I’ll leave it at that.  I can tell you there is a difference waist to chest deep here in the Gulf.  It appears to be more the hard pan.

Thank you for your positive, constructive and very spiritually enriching message. 

We were eagerly awaiting your comment. 

Do not hesitate in the future...

I believe that Mr Dankowski had the opportunity to test the first version with Carl Moreland.

And he said this is the 2nd best PI detector for the beach he had ever had.

According to him, the first was the Aquastar, which I had for years with retro engineering at the time (just for fun), and which has no ground adjustment, and is at least 40% in below the sensitivity of the IMPULSE AQ on all of our tests.

Nostalgia sometimes obscures reality, but I think any good prospector reacts that way ...

Aquastar2-01.thumb.jpg.1bba669a0e870407e50dacf31a218bc0.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jimpugh said:

Alexandre

i will do my best to capture on video and may check with Deborah the possibility of video both units to be as much help as possible my daughter who is a Chemical process Engineer with Dow speaks and writes fluid French.....my concern are for the mutual betterment of the hobby ....this may take some time my hunting partner Shawn Lopes of thirty years the fireman may assist me ..... Again We can make this Happen .....

my gut feeling is mine has a hair trigger on the differential amp that compares the signal sound to the No signal..... and amplifies the difference ...This would be where I would be looking for a part change or Anomaly....

Happy Trails 

jimpugh

Jim, I would be willing to help in any way I can.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, deborah195412 said:

My AQ is no where near that stable in neck deep water. Audio is constantly changing up and down. If mine was as stable as this video I would have no problem.

I repeat my question in another way :

What happens when only the new searchcoil is in the water ?

What happens when searching on wet sand ?

Thanks in advance

As far as hunting wet sand it does fine with both the old coil and the new coil. I will ttry next time in the water I'll test it with only the coil in the water.

Alexandre.... I was simply pointing  out Tom is here where the ... alleged problem is.  Yes he did do the testing with Carl.... but my understanding is this is a far better machine.  He’s an worked with Fisher for years.  I was attempting to be constructive since several would like to have this machine her.  I’m sure you will work it out. I apologize for stepping on you toes.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rick Kempf said:

Just for clarity - Alexandre, when you write “when only the new searchcoil is in the water” do you mean when the coil is submerged, but the control box and coil connector are not - 

YES, just the coil.

2 minutes ago, dewcon4414 said:

Alexandre.... I was simply pointing  out Tom is here where the ... alleged problem is.  Yes he did do the testing with Carl.... but my understanding is this is a far better machine.  He’s an worked with Fisher for years.  I was attempting to be constructive since several would like to have this machine her.  I’m sure you will work it out. I apologize for stepping on you toes.

No problem

Emoji World Smiley & Emoji: Amazon.fr: Appstore pour Android

Meci beaucoup

tu es très gentil