Impulse AQ In Surf / 36 Psu Salinity

3 hours ago, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

Thank you for your positive, constructive and very spiritually enriching message. 

We were eagerly awaiting your comment. 

Do not hesitate in the future...

I believe that Mr Dankowski had the opportunity to test the first version with Carl Moreland.

And he said this is the 2nd best PI detector for the beach he had ever had.

According to him, the first was the Aquastar, which I had for years with retro engineering at the time (just for fun), and which has no ground adjustment, and is at least 40% in below the sensitivity of the IMPULSE AQ on all of our tests.

Nostalgia sometimes obscures reality, but I think any good prospector reacts that way ...

Aquastar2-01.thumb.jpg.1bba669a0e870407e50dacf31a218bc0.jpg

14 hours ago, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

If this phenomenon only happens when the detector is completely in water, the diagnosis is not the same as if it also appears as in the video.

What happens when you are not in neck deep water? Have you the same result as the video?

For those that are having issues, make sure the connector is full seated. Almost has a snap in place..... feel as your turning the Lock Shell.

Researching question and Off subject question....Is the Souriau connector for the coil the ..... UTS1JC142G1P ...or the UTS1JC103P or am I off on those..........Thank You Alexandrea and Willy..

3 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

For those that are having issues, make sure the connector is full seated. Almost has a snap in place..... feel as your turning the Lock Shell.

Researching question and Off subject question....Is the Souriau connector for the coil the ..... UTS1JC142G1P ...or the UTS1JC103P or am I off on those..........Thank You Alexandrea and Willy..

none of that, it's the one: UTS6JC103P

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Joe because of the wear on the nibs we both know occurs over time, I always push in with pressure the connector as I rotate the bayonet style locking ring clockwise until it stops dead. This prevents the nibs from pulling the connector in to seat it therefore helping stop the wear and eventually a loose connector. Just for those who have no experience with the Souriau connectors. The VALLON PI also uses them but in a metal version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Carolina said:

Joe because of the wear on the nibs we both know occurs over time, I always push in with pressure the connector as I rotate the bayonet style locking ring clockwise until it stops dead. This prevents the nibs from pulling the connector in to seat it therefore helping stop the wear and eventually a loose connector. Just for those who have no experience with the Souriau connectors. The VALLON PI also uses them but in a metal version.

We are currently reserving the SOURIAU metal connector for the gold nuggets detector series.
We are currently testing this version for the IMPULSE AQ. We test its resistance to salt water.

This connector would add more than 100USD to the detector.

It would also supress the variation phenomenon when the connector is between water and air.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Maybe try some experiments that might give more clues:

1. Walk to an area where you can try with control pod above water and then below water to see if water contact of the control pod is the key.

2. Are there any exposed metal on the connectors that could temporarily be wrapped with silicone tape or similar to isolate from water contact?

3. Flip the detector so coil is up but still in water and pod is down. Stable?

4. Disconnect coil from shaft and stretch out coil cable. Attach coil temporarily to wood or pvc pipe and see if any different.

5. Submerge the whole detector in the salt kiddie pool sideways and see if its characteristics with targets or ferrous material change.

• Like 1

UPDATE:  Spent this morning working  with Jim Pugh here in Pensacola. He had a chance to use my machine and I used his. I was able to used his with no problem. We tried something on my machine that he had already done to his. We routed the coil wire (leaving a little for coil movement) in a straight line, and tightly wrapped with velcro, along the top of the shaft, for about 15 inches. The remaining coil wire was wrapped around the upper part of the shaft as usual. This seemed to solve the problem when sweeping the coil in the water. I was able to sweep the coil in the all metal mode without all the extra noise. I don't know if maybe I was getting movement in the coil wire when sweeping the coil or what, but it seems to be working a lot better now.

Thanks Jim I really appreciate all your help.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Deborah that is so good to hear.....  I've been on the sidelines both here and on Facebook following your problem and am relieved to see you seem to have figured it out....with an assist from Jim.

Cliff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deborah195412 said:

We routed the coil wire (leaving a little for coil movement) in a straight line, and tightly wrapped with velcro, along the top of the shaft, for about 15 inches. The remaining coil wire was wrapped around the upper part of the shaft as usual. This seemed to solve the problem when sweeping the coil in the water.

Glad to hear it and thank you for the work and posting it.

Sounds like an assembly instruction with "IMPORTANT" for the manual.

• Like 1