Impulse AQ In Surf / 36 Psu Salinity

4 hours ago, bklein said:

Maybe just an illusion but if the o ring is the orange thing it looks thrashed.  Maybe after your attempts at trying to get it out?

Poor choice of words on my part. This is a good ring, just an example of what may have been missing. It is very hard to get a complete picture of the ring. It is orange in color and it’s location is pretty much what this represents. It’s getting blown out of proportion I think. The leakage is from the back of the connector I am almost certain.

• Like 1

Last time my machine was in FT service told me that one batch of orange power jumpers was defective.   I was given a new one but can't help wondering if that has problems too.  I' ve been taught to diagnose detector problems by the best, but when there are multiple ailments it gets  a lot harder.   Heading down to the Caribbean to hunt Saturday, sadly, the Fisher Impulse AQ will be staying home.  So far--it's beaten me.  Thanks kindly for the suggestions!

cjc

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2021 at 8:28 AM, okara gold said:

Cjc... Earlier this year the 7 and 7.5 delay setting on my machine was hardly reacting to anything and was roughly equivalent to an 11 setting. I could turn to the 7 delay in the salt water and it was very quiet and would hardly pick up a target. It was sent back to Fisher and repaired to work as it should. I have had several problems with the pots going bad. Volume control was another.

Just reviewing whats been said about the AQ now--sorry to take so long to respond.  I will say that these low delay settings are super finicky and will blank due to EMI or just strong sand.  They either tune or they dont. I know this from my TDI and other low runinng Eric Foster machines. 

cjc

• Like 1

Just got my small ("8") coil--very sharp little coil--tests very deep and I know it will go even deeper in salt.  Very happy with this purchase.   Reminds me of my old Cuda--a "firecracker!"

cjc

IMG_4491.jpg

• Like 2