Impulse AQ In Surf / 36 Psu Salinity

Guys, I'm impressed of how much focus started to point the pulse delay in these days🤔...

I just want to share my experience as a scuba diver/freediver that never hunts vertically:

If you check the map, I'm in one of the few red areas with highest salt grams per liter...

This thing not only explain how hard it is for me to keep stable my machines, but even to realize natural limits dictated by the field.

When submerged in saltwater ANY machine Can react bad to the environment.

Just for comparison, I've been in the process to evaluate dozens of alternatives in the last decade and finally realized that few are making the difference underwater.

Did I mention the Excalibur?How stable it is?How sensitive to small bands and thin chains it is?How can You hunt in iron infested places without to lose speed and recovery?

There's a well known detector accidentally used to pull up Spanish coins in Vero Beach:Minimum delay of 25uS😵think about it.

I mean...We are in front of a monster, capable to double the depth performance and with tremendous amount of power too.

I'm already impressed of a 15uS maximum level without too much bells.

A certain coil speed is mandatory, a certain attitude to falsing is included in your experience luggage if You're oriented to a pulse..

Don't be too harsh against the persons involved in the project.

For anyone who may think I can obtain some form of advantage writing these words, I can frankly tell You that I've been totally ignored by First Texas since last February without even a mail reply to my requests.

I was not asking for the moon, I was not asking for a discount, I was not asking to have a free machine.

I produce web contents in the "hunters circle"...Nothing, not a word from them...To be clear with all eventual doubts in your minds...

The only one person to give me a fast (and negative) answer is been Rick Kempf in the process to be on the purchase lost for the limited...

I can also share this affirmations with you:

I'm a scuba diver+the Impulse AQ is never been advertised like a diving machine...

I can't call myself a pulse expert+the AQ will show me good results after dozens of attempts because of me.

I hunt with incredible amount of competition around me+having an AQ will change almost nothing in my hard, fuc...hard hunter life...

Be happy!

I hug You all😉

• Like 4

a.png.416b48357f095e6d13533cd2df36c707.png

Note that the average salinity of sea water around the world (with a few higher or lower exceptions) is between 34 to 36 ppt

Also, note that there is no exceptional salinity conditions along any coast of USA or Northern Europe.

The only places where the salinity is high are the waters closed for a long time as the Dead sea, Mediterranean sea and some heavily salted lakes as well as the ocean where there are constant large winds which evaporate the water (Northern and southern Atlantic and Pacific)

Alexandre will show the reactions of the system in waters of 42.7 ppt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Willy said:

The only issues in that condition have been reported by Joe and others, it is when the coil enters and leaves the surface of the water and also when the coil connector is partly submerged. When both are submerged, there is no problem.

Willy, thank you but this is puzzling to me. I live on the US east coast of Virginia. With sensitivity at 4 or 5 ATS 8 1/2 and reject at 3>4 tone mode is very stable in the surf knee deep and sometimes deeper when a wave rolls in. Occasionally a wave hitting the coil cable or increasing the depth of the water by a foot or so the detector will sound off. It is a little and I mean slightly chatty in tone and quieter in AM. More of a EMI issue than salinity. I do swing east and west at times but prefer to face the waves and work in and back out swinging north and south. I have zero complaints and my salinity is shown the same as the gulf of Florida. I really thought Deborah was having issues in deeper water so thanks for straightening me out. I knew of Joes issue as he scans his basket with his coil at times. I will use a pin pointer. He has cured his issue with a cut off switch for his phones. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Carolina said:

Willy, thank you but this is puzzling to me. I live on the US east coast of Virginia. With sensitivity at 4 or 5 ATS 8 1/2 and reject at 3>4 tone mode is very stable in the surf knee deep and sometimes deeper when a wave rolls in. Occasionally a wave hitting the coil cable or increasing the depth of the water by a foot or so the detector will sound off. It is a little and I mean slightly chatty in tone and quieter in AM. More of a EMI issue than salinity. I do swing east and west at times but prefer to face the waves and work in and back out swinging north and south. I have zero complaints and my salinity is shown the same as the gulf of Florida. I really thought Deborah was having issues in deeper water so thanks for straightening me out. I knew of Joes issue as he scans his basket with his coil at times. I will use a pin pointer. He has cured his issue with a cut off switch for his phones. 

If you feel that you could get some EMI problems at your locations, you could try to change of pulse frequency at startup of the system.

We think that Deborah has a problem specific to her own AQ system.
Nothing to do with Florida waters.
After reading her last (doubtful) report after exchanging her 12.5" coil, we do not know whether there is still a problem on her system (outside of the exchanged coil) or if it is a swing procedure problem.

A PI system automatically re-calibrates when swinging with varying heights during the swing. It feels this as a change of ground conditions and adapts to it.

Alexandre has clearly shown this on a specific video.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willy said:

If you feel that you could get some EMI problems at your locations, you could try to change of pulse frequency at startup of the system.

We think that Deborah has a problem specific to her own AQ system.
Nothing to do with Florida waters.
After reading her last (doubtful) report after exchanging her 12.5" coil, we do not know whether there is still a problem on her system (outside of the exchanged coil) or if it is a swing procedure problem.

A PI system automatically re-calibrates when swinging with varying heights during the swing. It feels this as a change of ground conditions and adapts to it.

Alexandre has clearly shown this on a specific video.

Yes at start up I always search for the quietest frequency giving some time between settings. My EMI chatter is minimal at best. There is no problem discerning a small amount of chatter and even the soft low response of a deep target. Thanks for all your help. 

10 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Thats the New Model AQ I believe....dual Souriau connectors.....on the control pod, One Coil..One Headphone..looks different what I can see from the handle back..only black..Limited that area is white shaft showing, . 

Appears to be two composite connectors. Watching the videos, to me, it appears to be amazingly quiet in the wash; as Carolina describes his experience with the AQ.

The video's did not help my situation at all. I'm out in the water up to my neck.  In all metal mode, max pulse delay, ats 9-10, Sensitivity 3 -  When I sweep the coil there is no way I could recognize a signal unless it was shallow. I'm used to a little chatter and having a signal break through the chatter, but the audio in all metal, when sweeping the coil, is changing so much there is no way I could recognize a weak to medium signal. Just the fact that I have to reduce my sensitivity so low in conjunction with an ATS setting of 9 or 10, I'm losing all the advantages of the Impulse AQ. I still have hope that a smaller coil will help with this problem. until I can lay my hands on the 8 inch coil, I will continue using the machine in the volcanic sand mode where I can achieve a little stability. I will be doing some target testing on gold and platinum rings and other common targets to see what kind of depth to expect in that mode.

My machine is not the only machine acting this way. There is another machine here in Pensacola acting this way and 2 machines in Hawaii that are having problems. I am not sure if the problem is salinity or something else, but I have no problems with using my Whites Dual Field or my Eric Foster Goldquest Aquasearch V2 here in Pensacola. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, deborah195412 said:

The video's did not help my situation at all. I'm out in the water up to my neck.  In all metal mode, max pulse delay, ats 9-10, Sensitivity 3 -  When I sweep the coil there is no way I could recognize a signal unless it was shallow. I'm used to a little chatter and having a signal break through the chatter, but the audio in all metal, when sweeping the coil, is changing so much there is no way I could recognize a weak to medium signal. Just the fact that I have to reduce my sensitivity so low in conjunction with an ATS setting of 9 or 10, I'm losing all the advantages of the Impulse AQ. I still have hope that a smaller coil will help with this problem. until I can lay my hands on the 8 inch coil, I will continue using the machine in the volcanic sand mode where I can achieve a little stability. I will be doing some target testing on gold and platinum rings and other common targets to see what kind of depth to expect in that mode.

Can I ask You something Deborah?

Have You noticed in the spot where You hunt usually, some red clay after you dug a signal or visible hot rocks between the sand?🤔

I've had a similar conduct on my Tdi in a couple places..Despite of an higher delay and reduced gain, the machine still was sounding crazy without targets. The sound was so high pitched, to clearly misunderstand it with a signal.

Just courious...

2 minutes ago, Skullgolddiver said:

Can I ask You something Deborah?

Have You noticed in the spot where You hunt usually, some red clay after you dug a signal or visible hot rocks between the sand?🤔

I've had a similar conduct on my Tdi in a couple places..Despite of an higher delay and reduced gain, the machine still was sounding crazy without targets. The sound was so high pitched, to clearly misunderstand it with a signal.

Just courious...

I have a lot of deep sand here, but when you vary the coil height off the bottom even a little bit is goes full audio. This is on 2 different machines here. I have tried both machines and they act the same here.