Impulse AQ In Surf / 36 Psu Salinity

1 hour ago, deborah195412 said:

UPDATE:  Spent this morning working  with Jim Pugh here in Pensacola. He had a chance to use my machine and I used his. I was able to used his with no problem. We tried something on my machine that he had already done to his. We routed the coil wire (leaving a little for coil movement) in a straight line, and tightly wrapped with velcro, along the top of the shaft, for about 15 inches. The remaining coil wire was wrapped around the upper part of the shaft as usual. This seemed to solve the problem when sweeping the coil in the water. I was able to sweep the coil in the all metal mode without all the extra noise. I don't know if maybe I was getting movement in the coil wire when sweeping the coil or what, but it seems to be working a lot better now.

Thanks Jim I really appreciate all your help.

Deborah, that is how my coil wire is run but very tight. My Velcro is on 6” centers. Only when a wave crashes against the cable at times in knee deep water do I get a signal. I think I mentioned in one of my post. Joe saw it last week and made a comment that he liked it. It also lowers the resistance of the water verses spiral wrap around the shaft. I am so glad you figured it out and hope this is Terry’s issue also.

• Like 5

This is very good news, I never thought I would tell you that ...

Indeed the detector is so sensitive that it can detect its own cable shielding ... The sensitivity cable area is near the coil...

I use plastic clips, we will make some for the rest of the Impulse series.

There is only Terry left now...

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.6095b04b39f41527055f6e07f23f064c.jpg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, deborah195412 said:

UPDATE:  Spent this morning working  with Jim Pugh here in Pensacola. He had a chance to use my machine and I used his. I was able to used his with no problem. We tried something on my machine that he had already done to his. We routed the coil wire (leaving a little for coil movement) in a straight line, and tightly wrapped with velcro, along the top of the shaft, for about 15 inches. The remaining coil wire was wrapped around the upper part of the shaft as usual. This seemed to solve the problem when sweeping the coil in the water. I was able to sweep the coil in the all metal mode without all the extra noise. I don't know if maybe I was getting movement in the coil wire when sweeping the coil or what, but it seems to be working a lot better now.

Thanks Jim I really appreciate all your help.

Special thanks to JIim.🎺🎺
We were lost in space to guess what that could be  😢

• Like 2

I wonder if making the cable a perfect fit would help more...like on my excalibur. It comes out of the control pod and goes straight to the coil. May be something to test.  And change the fitting to a 90 so it does not stick out so far.

gpro.jpg

OBN-0002.jpg

• Like 1

Nice visit with Deborah and Company (The rest of The Story)

Shawn I rolled out of Biloxi Ms. at precisely 3 am .

We where in the Ocean Gulf of Mexico at 5 am Pensacola Beach hunting chest Deep Holes..

words for the wise.....Pensacola is a Naval air station Doolittle trained here for his secret attack in world war 2.....lots of secret weapon test in the area....

lots of low frequencySecret  Sub communications .....I know this Beach well I was a small group of the first people To get the lion share of water gold that was cream off the top.....I remember living in Fort Walton And Stealth missiles flying over head at night...When Navy and Air Force we’re testing their Wares and improving flight systems....

Also the police and Sheriffs Major Sub Station is less than 300 yards away and less than a 100 yards from Water Ocean 

this is a 100 plus year old beach that dates back to Spanish occupation....I am very familiar with the old Forts that President or general Jackson took to take Pensacola and the water around them...

Now that we are aware of the importance Of  dialing in the frequency that purrs like a kitten ......variables kill ....constants are your friend  ....

Shawn was Geared up with a Eric Fosters proto CS7 that was the first one sent to Mr.Bill.. and it is or was one of his first digital units ......I only mention because he had or was Having slight issue or quirks he would to have reset his unit.....not a problem when he is not in close proximity of a Naval Base   ......hmmmm may be A pattern........

It was a little ruff the holes close to beach were workable we retrieved some deep targets and some that we could not recover ......

I had turned on my unit approaching the sand looking out the corner of my eye at the new command center of the sub station (a previous Hurricane had thrown half the old buildings and half the parking lot into the ocean ). Way Biloxi has built UP for 300 years just pack it all down haul-in some red dirt And sand.....build Again....

WAM.....soon as touched the on button approaching the Dry sand Alien Noise saturation.....cleaning the Cobb Webb’s out of my Brain and ears .....I quickly started searching for uniform signal.....finally it came Down to pick your poison and march quickly towards the water .....hoping that I would get some relieve kept checking and waiting..... hoping..... the ringing... signals would quit. as I approached the berm I noticed the signals started to lose magnitude.....a sigh of relief....waiting 5 minutes for the unit to settle I kept searching for the best noise free setting mind you this is five-ish in the dark head lamp on red light......have no clue other than my musings about so much interference ......after sun up it went away for most part....

when out past the curl back side of breakers did not like powdery soft sand  found some holes and nice cut worked them for a while found an iPhone 11 other typical beach stuff my machine was working well and I had tried all modes and it was working well for the battery system I had .....at this point it was time to go see Deborah and see what was up with her unit .....after the meeting we det down to the beach she is trying my machine.....and says it seems to be better as in more stable...I ask her if I can use hers and she agrees......her best friend and Hunter hands me the machine .....hmmm...Being a multi line Dealer for 28 years first thing I did was rewrap the coil wire the correct way always over never under.....after setting every thing and givIng it time to settle ......was working very well in Ocean high salt....we decide to follow them to quiet water couple of blocks to the sound which Is very calm ......I get all the Velcro I had in my war bag  and Shawn got his and we set her unit up like a pro and I said it might not hurt to add a little more later ....

We had a fun time and it was great to see her begin learning her new machine she is  a fast Learner has more experience than most....and a go getter....she will do well as the bottom get s better this winter and rehunts her secret spots.......

what do Hawaii and Pensacola have in common .....o Jim we love trick questions...

Happy Trails

jimpugh..........Rick it would do wonders if me Shawn could compare notes like we did for fisher like we on the gold bug pros like on the Aand B versions that we sent back

C2A459A4-1F42-4C31-81BE-ECB6FE9B03E7.thumb.jpeg.934735400565ab340b1030ac747fc1d3.jpegC04E55E1-FFEF-41B1-94D7-1B2E4D244C5E.thumb.png.831b35de0fb1a5c2578441cac40e2303.png

• Like 6

On 9/2/2020 at 7:50 PM, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

This is very good news, I never thought I would tell you that ...

Indeed the detector is so sensitive that it can detect its own cable shielding ... The sensitivity cable area is near the coil...

I use plastic clips, we will make some for the rest of the Impulse series.

There is only Terry left now...

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.6095b04b39f41527055f6e07f23f064c.jpg

Not quite. I'll try re-wrapping my coil wire so that it runs straight up the shaft. Maybe that will help my instability problem. My symptoms are the same as Deborah's. It doesn't matter which settings I used, it chatted so much you had a hard time telling what was a signal and what was just a false.

• Like 2

Nice detective work Jim. That’s great news for Deborah and everyone else who has been waiting on the sidelines to see what the outcome would be. The Garrett Infinium is another machine that wants you to run the coil wire about 18 inches straight up the shaft before wrapping it around and connecting to the box. 

• Like 2