2 minutes ago, Rick Kempf said:

Dealers can sell at any price they want - the MAP only prevents them from ADVERTISING a lower price.

I understand, but is Amazon advertising??

7 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I understand, but is Amazon advertising??

Displaying a visible price is all that matters. MAP = Minimum Advertised Price

It's all a crock left over from price fixing days, and illegal in many countries. But not considered price fixing because, as Rick notes, dealers can negotiate and sell for whatever they want. They are only prohibited from advertising below a certain amount. Which is why you should always negotiate the price directly via email or phone call.

It is so stupid now that you will see games like “add to cart to see price.” The law says once you engage the customer, the MAP rules do not apply. Adding the item to the cart is considered to have legally crossed the line between advertising, and actually engaging in the buying process, where price is now negotiable. So now they can show you the discounted below MAP price because you put it in an imaginary electronic cart?

Manufacturers can of course break their own rules and advertise at lower prices. I loved it when I was told by a manufacturer they are having a national sale to boost sales, and did it by lowering my margins at no cost to themselves. So dealers are probably quite welcome to match this price... at a loss to their bottom line. Though it’s hard to think there are many pink F19 detectors left in dealer hands. Yup, F19 Ltd, special camo paint job for only $50 extra over an already too high price at release. This detector sold for $799 not long ago and some people are still asking that! I wonder why the factory has any left? :laugh:

• Thanks 1

I'm calling it "Gender Neutral" now; because i just bought one!! You all sold me! You would think some of you were salesman, or something! 😜  I Couldn't resist the price!! I dare anybody to say anything to my face about the color!!👊🤣  Besides, $4 dollars will paint it any color i want!

Come on Simon, you know you want one!! You can say that this one is for your wife (or daughter) too!! Christmas is around the corner!!🤣

(I'm sure another Vanquish would be cheaper, after shipping?! But it ain't Pink Camo!)👍👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe D. said:

I'm calling it "Gender Neutral" now; because i just bought one!! Couldn't resist the price!! I dare anybody to say anything to my face about the color!!👊🤣  Besides, for $4.00 i can paint it any color i want!

Come on Simon, you know you want one!! You can say that this one is for your wife (or daughter) too!! Christmas is around the corner!!🤣

(I'm sure another Vanquish would be cheaper, after shipping?! But it ain't Pink Camo!)👍👍

Well Joe, truth be told I don't think the color is half bad, and if I did not have a new baby blue TRP already, chances are I'd be having one of these myself. That's an undisputed great buy at $299

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I almost got one of these but backed out at the last minute because I did not like the amazon prime thing that says it is a free trial then will bill my card in 30 days. I have never bought from amazon before. It is a very tempting thing though pink or no pink. If I buy it and then cancel the free prime special is amazon going to bill me?

• Like 1

30 day free trial!  But i hate those, because i always forget to cancel in time!!  Not worth it to me! I usually get free shipping on most everything! Choose your shipping choice, most are free! You just have to wait a little longer!

And by the way,; i caved and bought one today! As you read above!!🎀🤣👍👍

Simon,

Is that 13" ultimate concentric, or DD? And the Nel Snake; what's it's size?

Thanks!👍👍

1 hour ago, bigtim1973 said:

I almost got one of these but backed out at the last minute because I did not like the amazon prime thing that says it is a free trial then will bill my card in 30 days. I have never bought from amazon before. It is a very tempting thing though pink or no pink. If I buy it and then cancel the free prime special is amazon going to bill me?

Been a prime member for ages, lots of benefits. The free shipping alone covers the cost if you do much shopping at all. But an alternative might be to call First Texas and see if they will sell you one direct. Amazon gets a cut, and they sell Teknetics direct anyway, so why not?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Been a prime member for ages, lots of benefits. The free shipping alone covers the cost if you do much shopping at all. But an alternative might be to call First Texas and see if they will sell you one direct. Amazon gets a cut, and they sell Teknetics direct anyway, so why not?

I did call them and they told me that Amazon had possession of them in a warehouse. It made no sense to me because it was listed as Teknetics had them. 

I do not buy that much from online so the prime subscribe would not pan out for me. 

It is tempting but though!!

12 hours ago, bigtim1973 said:

I did call them and they told me that Amazon had possession of them in a warehouse. It made no sense to me because it was listed as Teknetics had them. 

Amazon does hold and ship for companies. It’s legit but beside the point I guess.

I see one sold since I last looked, 11 left.