I finished my channel's intro footage, squeezing some of the last finds in less than two minutes...

Hope you enjoy the atmosphere 🙃.

Will be difficult to keep it updated constantly with all the work I'm next to start on dryland for water sessions improvement, but keep an eye on my diary now and then🔥

https://youtu.be/1kyGlM9-_do

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Skullgolddiver said:

I finished my channel's intro footage, squeezing some of the last finds in less than two minutes...

Will be difficult to keep it updated constantly with all the work I'm next to start on dryland for water sessions improvement, but keep an eye on my diary now and then🔥

Are you diving open circuit or rebreather? I don't see many bubbles in the video. I tried underwater detecting a few times with open circuit and the bubble noise was pretty bad.

7 hours ago, Compass said:

Are you diving open circuit or rebreather?

I use a regular open circuit system..You see few bubbles cause most of the small footage was freediving based.

However I have my method to breath and hear alternately.

Move the coil when you inhale (generally three to four seconds from side to side) and super slowly exhale and repeat to cover again the same piece with few more space...

To keep the breath is never a good idea especially leaving the bottom vertically, but generally if you stay down all the time, You can calm your heart to the perfect slow rythm.

This way you improve a little the air consumption too..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, phrunt said:

if I still lived in a tropical place

Never say never Simon..

Any place where an individual feel the need to enter the water can hold the gold...And rarely crystal clear waters with dream background means audible good signals...Trash, conversely is everywhere 🤐

• Like 1

I think  with all the good detectors around these days, the underwater detectors are the way I would go. I found ounces of gold rings and jewellery up to my waist   deep, that makes me believe I have only scratched that area. Best of luck/skill on your next outing.🤑 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...
On 9/2/2020 at 12:13 AM, Skullgolddiver said:

Nice intro, I like it. Well done.

Stay safe & healthy.

• Thanks 1

Nice video. There’s nothing like seeing gold underwater. 

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Erik Oostra
      This morning was the first time in 6 weeks that I’ve had a chance to hunt my local beaches at Alma Bay and Horseshoe Bay.. I didn’t bring a detector with me to Canberra where I was helping out after my old man had a hip replacement.. Being away from the island has turned out great as for the first time in years I dug everything.. At these beaches I usually disregard low target IDs on the Nox800, anything below 13-14 nearly always results in pull-tabs, bottle tops or bits of foil (or 5 cents).. I got into the very bad habit of switching to ‘coin mode’, where I look for low 20s to shoot 1 and 2 dollar coins (50 cents usually reads 17 and 20 cents reads 16).. But the sheer joy of getting back into it made me dig every target.. I’m both very happy I did and kicking myself for not always doing so..  
      At Horseshoe Bay I found a chunky gold necklace (585 hallmark) and at Alma Bay a little gold ring ( 375 hallmark) with little purple stones (maybe amethyst?).. And a fist full of dollars.. It’s really made me wonder what else I’ve left behind.. The necklace rang in at 3-4 and the ring at 11, both were just below the surface in wet sand.. It felt as if they were waiting for me to find them, since I’ve been away we’ve had the Easter holidays and 2 public-holiday long weekends.. These are usually good times of the year to get out early in the morning to hit those beaches, and the island's other beach hunters know it too.. But I haven't been so lucky with the bling bling in a long time, it’s definitely back to digging all targets.. 

• By Kidbeey
      I’m heading up to Georgetown gold fields, in North Queensland Australia soon. Do not want to get into the new GPX 6000 or GPZ 7000 yet and besides that I do not live close to a gold region. I currently own a CTX 3030. I know that the Monster is not in the same league as the more expensive units but at just over $1,000 it is an option to purchase.
      But my thoughts are that the CTX I already own may do pretty much the same as the Monster, plus it has discrimination ability.
      Could someone please enlighten me. Thanks.
    • By Tahoegold
      So, I really like the Makro Gold Racer. I keep finding more things about it. Recently, I found a really tiny 14k gold chain visually, just lying on the ground.  I had my compadre and it couldnt pick it up. I took the chain home and tried it on my GR. I had the factory settings, 10 on disc, using Disc 2 the deeper one, and tone break at 30. Nothing, I couldn't get it to detect it.
      So, while I was waving this chain in front of the 10" DD coil I started lowering the disc, I realized the ID number was about 3. So, I experimented with going one number at a time all the way to 0. At 1 I could get a somewhat clear signal. At zero it was a nice signal. Even the big coil coild pick it up at about an inch.
      I have been trying to find micro jewelery with no luck. Maybe this is why. I have not used the disc mode in all metal. You see, I really like the clear signal the disc modes give. I have a hard time "reading" the all metal mode. I can really hear the signals in the disc modes. Why is the all metal mode so hard to understand? So very faint target sounds compared to the really obvious ones in disc.
      So, am I searching in all metal when disc is at 0? It sure seems as deep and sensitive as all metal. I get much more audible info than all metal in my opinion. However, I have to state here, I'm not an expert. I know the all metal has a way of indicating a target with thresh hold sounds too, or, the silence of the thresh hold sometimes on tiny targets. But, it's not as easy as this method. I really could hear this tiny chain this way.
      Can I hunt just as effectively like this or should I keep trying to learn the all metal mode? What's your opinions? And, please, lets keep this discussion to the Gold racer and those who have one. 
      I'm actually really glad to have discovered this. I'm fortunate to have this chain to test.

• By Skullgolddiver
      As I mentioned some days ago, I was afraid to have a non waterproof control box after minor works on the coil's cable and the PCB inside.
      The final result of this morning Is been: lot of unstable treshold drift since a few minutes inside the water(no way to calm down the treshold even with GB off).
      Some minor short cause I can see the voltmeter crashed and fuc...d up...
      After almost two hours of terrible noise and a few real signals, nothing to Say but a finally stable treshold without signals at all when targets were under or over the coil...
      This means to me:the coil isn't working anymore...
      Maybe the dumping resistor?
      Maybe the lower resistance due to the cable shortening?
      Nope....The gasket leakage and maybe the connector too.
      I don't even have the time to dismantle again today..🤬🤬🤬🤬
      Pissed as usual 
      Skull

• By havingstl
      I am still need to metal detecting and learning an original tdi.  So lately I have been experimenting with the different controls and how they affect the machine. 

I read some instructions that mentioned running the gain at the point that the threshold remained steady and did not waiver. This typically leaves me with a gain of 3 or 4.  Does this sound right or am I missing something?
    • By cuniagau
      I dug another fake Cartier LOVE ring yesterday.  Second one dug on this beach.  Even though I could not read the hallmark inside the ring (gotta have my cheaters for that) I knew it was just like two others that I dug last year and the year before.  I do have one real one though.  I dug it last year.  All the white gold ones are fake.  The gold colored one is real.  These are getting to be a little to plentiful.  LOL