G.B.

Outstanding result,had a few occasions when have found some decent finds albeit not nuggets within a very short time duration of starting detecting then absolutely zilch for the rest of the detecting session.

Next time it happens and you find something within minutes get back in the car again and go back home again 🤣🙂

Well done on a nice piece of the old yellow stuff.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nice early score! A few years back a group of us guys and a few wives all met for a hunt. The guys headed out for a long hike and one of the ladies who was a little concerned about snakes, stayed near the vehicles. She was the only one who dug gold. Probably didn’t venture more than 100 feet. 😆 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RickUK said:

Next time it happens and you find something within minutes get back in the car again and go back home

Good work GB.  Nice piece.  And Rick is right.  It is like catching a fish on the first cast - generally means not another scale for the rest of the day  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, RickUK said:

Next time it happens and you find something within minutes get back in the car again and go back home again

Why not just move the car and start over with a reset?

Good looking nugget, G.B., and it has some heft to go along with that beauty!  Always nice to start the day out with a find that makes the day a success, regardless.  Everything else is gravy, and you have a permanent smile along the way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fred Mason asked me many times 'Where did you park?'  haha

He loved detecting parking lots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Fred Mason asked me many times 'Where did you park?'  haha

He loved detecting parking lots.

I remember the legendary John Hider Smith once cleaned out a very rich patch at Wychitella, Vic, except for the 7 ozer he always parked on top of . 

Some unkind soul left a note there telling him he needn't worry about it anymore -  :)

Another prospector cleaned out a rich "doze and detect" MRC at Waanyarra Vic, except the richest part was under the vehicle park.

John H S found that one, so he more than broke even -

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1