Deus Lite Wanting A Wireless Headphone Set Up

Tometusns

1 hour ago, Tom Slick said:

Isn't a Deus Lite the Coil, shaft with armrest, and wireless headphones? How do you have a Deus Lite and not have wireless headphones?

I think he wants to be able to use the puck as a visual TID interface.

4 hours ago, Tometusns said:

I just put together a deus lite and I'm needing some input on what works good to set up wireless headphones with it. Thanks!

Your best bet is to get a wrist mount like this (about $25)

image.png.66ad7e99f0457599dd339444a8b37de1.png

And then get a wired headphone adapter plate for the puck like this (about $20):

image.png.ad5975f0a61835c852b172448dfa2910.png

Then you can plug any mini wired phones into the puck on your wrist and still remain untethered to the stem and coil.

Just glance at your wrist as needed to view the target ID.  This is the way I started out...in about 2 weeks I was springing for the full Deus with control box.  Lol.  Deus lite was just too limiting a setup for me.  But it is workable as I described.

Alternatively, you could get a stem mount (see pic below) for about $25 and plug an APTX LL BT transmitter ($25) into the headphone adapter plate jack and go wireless with say Equinox BT phones.

image.png.0724601abfa3313cd13a25a2d39d4679.png

image.png.6428d4b86331d66e537ba2ba47251c06.png

Trond wireless APTX LL BT transciever.

• Thanks 1

After having them, I'd have to rate them as follows:

1. Full Deus (control module and Headphones WS 4 or WS5)

2. ORX with WS wireless headphones

3. Deus with control module wired headphones

4. XP Coil  with WS5 Headphones

5. XP coil with WS4 puck (Deus lite)

JMHO

• Like 2

Tom, I mostly agree with your list except personally not a fan of the WS5's.  You are limited to that over the ear headset configuration because the WS5 does not have a removable puck.  WS4 Puck is more versatile in its wrist and stem mounting options as a visual TID interface (with wired phones adapter plate into which you could plug an APTX LL BT transmitter to retain wireless functionality), more water resistant than the WS5's (WS4 can actually survive full submersion), and you can mount the WS4 puck on a number of third party over the ear headsets purpose built with a compatible WS4 mount, duplicating the WS5 functionality with a lot more versatility. But that’s just me.  I know a lot of folks that swear by their WS5’s.  Just putting it out there FWIW.

• Like 1

What are you trying to do?? Are you wanting to look at the interface on the WS puck and still be wireless?? 

Or you can mount one of the Garrett wireless set ups with the puck on the stem and have the Garrett headphones that are similar to the good old detector pro jolly Roger style ones.

I personally would get the water kit bag and hang it around my neck with a light weight set of wired headphones plugged into the bag that the puck is in as it is set up just for that reason. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bigtim1973 said:

I personally would get the water kit bag and hang it around my neck with a light weight set of wired headphones plugged into the bag that the puck is in as it is set up just for that reason. 

Yep, that is another option.  I've done that too.  You still need the headphone jack adapter plate to do that configuration.

12 hours ago, Tometusns said:

I just put together a deus lite and I'm needing some input on what works good to set up wireless headphones with it. Thanks!

Sorry, I should have been more detailed with my question. Here's what I have currently using ear buds. I think the Trond that Chase mentioned its what I'm looking for. I just like being able to see the numbers. 

15991354756843063099128320745959.jpg

• Like 1

I just ordered the trond from Amazon. This unit will be mainly for my son. I like the orx and now he'll have this to play with when we're not using our 800's.

I just got my first civil war relics with the orx Mon. a 54 sharps and a round ball. They came from the battle here in 1861.

Screenshot_20200903-105435.png

15991489462295270255096499438113.jpg

• Like 2