A Tale Of Two Detectors!

Wow Steve,

That a fantastic list of achievements by Dave Johnson! 

It would be great to have a bio of each key developer and engineer, and than; Where Are They Now! Retired, consulting, active, etc...

I'm guessing that there is probably a book or two compiled somewhere, with much of this info! 👍👍

• Like 1

The Detectors have arrived!!🍭🍭

Thank's Gerry, of Gerry's Detectors, for the Whites MXT All-Pro!!  And Amazon, for the Teknetics G2+ "Pinky" special!     

Just waiting for the coils from MetalDetector.com to arrive!! And some Cooler weather to give me a 🤬 break!! In the meantime, i have to read up on these two! 

Updates to come! Stay tuned!!👍👍

20200910_145015.jpg

20200910_145055.jpg

• Like 6

Pink doesn't look too bad, more like the underside of a diner counter or table 🙂

I'd test the stock coils first and see what you may need once your used to the machines.

Congrats on the new toys!

• Like 1

Thankfully i got the coils a couple hours later today!🎉 So i went right to work getting them configured the way i initially planned to use them!

The Beach Setup:  The G2+ "Pinky" has changed her colors! Now sporting a Jeff Herke arm cuff, a neoprene pod cover, and a Detech Ultimate 13" coil!  Also has a Nel Snake 3.5x6.5 coil!

The Trashy Parks Setup: The MXT now is sporting the Ultimate 7" coil! Still have to find a box and pod cover! Also has a Detech Ultimate 13" coil!

Plus i still will use their original coils, if needed! So there went my budget for the year!💣💥  Now i need to gather my yearly finds together, and cash them in!💰 Can't wait for the testing phase to commence!!

More to Come!!👍👍

20200910_222659.jpg

• Like 6

I went the opposite with my mxt. I got the 13" detech ultimate like you did for your T2. 

I am looking forward to it too. I almost got the 7 inch but I figured I have my XP units for contaminated areas. 

I been looking somewhat for a set of covers for my mxt too. Hard to find.

• Like 1

I found a few in the Ukraine; that was it!  That cover didn't have any holes for the knobs and toggles though! What good is that!!

Another was for a different box model, the DFX i think! But had too many hole's! Can't win it seems! I contacted Doc of Doc's covers, but he only does MineLabs! And didn't have any suggestions for the Whites! And i have looked on many sites! I guess the search goes on!👍👍

Great coil set for the G2+, IMO.  I have the 13" Ultimate on my F75 and am looking for a used Snake/Shrew.  Not sure I even need the three Fisher coils that I own (7"x11" DD, 6" x 10" Concentric, 5" DD) once I find a Shrew.

I'm curious for / anticipating your report on the Detech 7" for the MXT.

• Like 2