100 Bottle Caps On This Hunt But Gold Too!

Compass

As long as you   came home with gold  at the end of the day. Great day in my book  .I  did  bury a  very small   1.1 gram white gold ring  at 10'' and park1 and the beach modes  would not hit  it.Park 2 in multi  hit it good with nice id.The gold modes slammed it,but  some times you like the smoothness of the other modes.Keep in mind that pk2 and 20 and 40kz can be better in nails on small gold rings too.

• Thanks 1

Can you run your iron audio when in Beach mode? Usually but not always you can hear a bit of iron off the tip of the coil on bottle caps especially the rusty ones. Might save some digging.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dances With Doves said:

As long as you   came home with gold  at the end of the day. Great day in my book  .I  did  bury a  very small   1.1 gram white gold ring  at 10'' and park1 and the beach modes  would not hit  it.Park 2 in multi  hit it good with nice id.The gold modes slammed it,but  some times you like the smoothness of the other modes.Keep in mind that pk2 and 20 and 40kz can be better in nails on small gold rings too.

Thanks DWD, I'll have to do some bench testing in "Park 2". As long as I can hit gold chains at a few inches that may work for me.

43 minutes ago, kac said:

Can you run your iron audio when in Beach mode? Usually but not always you can hear a bit of iron off the tip of the coil on bottle caps especially the rusty ones. Might save some digging.

Thanks kac, I will definitely look into trying to minimize the number of bottle caps next time. A strong magnet probably could save some digging as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Compass said:

Thanks DWD, I'll have to do some bench testing in "Park 2". As long as I can hit gold chains at a few inches that may work for me.

Try F2-7 iron  bias in park 1 and 2 on those caps and see how they sound.Pk2 should hit most chains  nicely at a few inches. This  is for sweet  water hunting.I never hunted in the salt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I do know the subtle iron is hard to pick up on if not impossible in the beach mode on my MK and thinking it is due to the ground balance adjustment. Seeing a similar issue on the Nox in beach mode makes me think we are better off using the other modes when possible. The newer caps are trickier, outside of being a little louder for their depth they are hard to tell from good targets.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Seeker said:

You’re a true pirate Compass, I would have quit after the 5th bottle cap. If you want all the other small gold like earring studs just hunt in 40khz and lower your recovery speed as low as you can without falsing. Congrats on all the nice gold.

Thanks Seeker, I'm not necessarily looking for earring studs but I definitely am trying to find more gold chains. I'll have to try that single frequency mode out and play with the recovery speed.