100 Bottle Caps On This Hunt But Gold Too!

Compass

9 minutes ago, Compass said:

Thanks Seeker, I'm not necessarily looking for earring studs but I definitely am trying to find more gold chains. I'll have to try that single frequency mode out and play with the recovery speed.

With the higher frequency and lower recovery no gold will be safe from you 😎

• Thanks 1

What an excellent hunt! 13 grams of gold is sweet. I'd like to try some fresh water hunts here in Florida but the fear of alligators keeps me in the salt. 

• Oh my! 1

16 hours ago, Compass said:

There was a little more trash that is not pictured here so the overall trash to treasure ratio was about 3 to 1.

That's a good ratio (in my book) when digging all positive TID's (or all between 0 and 20).  Did you not get a lot of aluminum (pulltabs in particular)?  How about aluminum screwcaps (low 20's TID's)?  Or is there some kind of density stratification going on that puts the aluminum in a different layer?

Obviously the rings are the highlight, and you hit the jackpot there!

• Thanks 1

Hey Compass,

Don't forget that those earring studs can come with a nice diamond attached! And thank's for removing all those bottle caps, and stuff for me! Much easier to detect behind you now!! 🤣👍👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, okara gold said:

What an excellent hunt! 13 grams of gold is sweet. I'd like to try some fresh water hunts here in Florida but the fear of alligators keeps me in the salt. 

Thanks o.g., Well, if alligators are around I would imagine not many people are swimming anyway- I know I wouldn't be! 😬

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aaron said:

Sweet gold congrats! That looks like a all day hunt!

Thanks Aaron, about 9 hours in the water. I had problems with the GoPro again but I think I have enough "film" to put something together.

42 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

That's a good ratio (in my book) when digging all positive TID's (or all between 0 and 20).  Did you not get a lot of aluminum (pulltabs in particular)?  How about aluminum screwcaps (low 20's TID's)?  Or is there some kind of density stratification going on that puts the aluminum in a different layer?

Obviously the rings are the highlight, and you hit the jackpot there!

Thanks GB, I had about 20 pulltabs/parts of pulltabs and 4 or 5 aluminum screw caps. I think the reason I found so many bottlecaps is because I've hunted this spot many times and in the past I was able to discriminate those caps out with my other detector. I'm still trying different modes on the Nox so on this hunt I dug a lot of iffy targets so as not to miss anything good. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Hey Compass,

Don't forget that those earring studs can come with a nice diamond attached! And thank's for removing all those bottle caps, and stuff for me! Much easier to detect behind you now!! 🤣👍👍

You are welcome Joe, I'm hoping that it will be easier for me to hunt behind myself as well! :laugh:

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Compass said:

Thanks Aaron, about 9 hours in the water. I had problems with the GoPro again but I think I have enough "film" to put something together.

I know the feeling! 

Well done mate!

What are the ID's of those gold rings? Low? 

Cheers

• Thanks 1