100 Bottle Caps On This Hunt But Gold Too!

Compass

19 minutes ago, GhostLands said:

Well done mate!

What are the ID's of those gold rings? Low? 

Cheers

Thanks GL, The larger "nugget" ring has a "17" TID number. The medium sized amethyst ring is a solid "13" and the small child's ring is a "5".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Compass said:

Thanks GL, The larger "nugget" ring has a "17" TID number. The medium sized amethyst ring is a solid "13" and the small child's ring is a "5".

Nice! Yesterday i was only digging until 19. I skipped everything above!

I guess your rings are less than 19kt?  Less kt have higher copper content = higher ID

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 10:29 PM, Dances With Doves said:

Try F2-7 iron  bias in park 1 and 2 on those caps and see how they sound.Pk2 should hit most chains  nicely at a few inches. This  is for sweet  water hunting.I never hunted in the salt.

OMG DWD, KAC, Seeker and all! I just bench tested the Park 2 mode on some gold chains and other small gold. I also toyed with single frequency (40 khz) and was surprised at how well the detector responded. I had a great hunt but may have missed a gold chain by using Beach 1 mode. Like I mentioned, I usually hunt in Gold 2 mode which hits the gold chains pretty deep but the chattiness almost gives me a headache. The Beach 1 mode will hit my test chain at about 2" but the Park 2 mode sees it at 4"-5". The single frequency 40 khz setting really smoothed out the tone too.

I also practiced the Park 2 mode on some of the bottle caps I found. They still sound good and give a solid TID when the bottlecap is centered under the middle of the coil but the TIDs are more negative when the target is near the edge of the coil which is what I think you guys already know and are kind enough to share with me.

Thanks again all! I can't wait to go back to this same spot and try out these new settings. GL&HH!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, GhostLands said:

Nice! Yesterday i was only digging until 19. I skipped everything above!

I guess your rings are less than 19kt?  Less kt have higher copper content = higher ID

Yes, pretty rare for me to find anything above 18K and I only find a couple of 18K in a typical year. All these rings tested at 14K but the nugget ring was an oddity. I can see 2 solder joints on the sides of the ring like the bottom half of the ring was replaced. The bottom of the ring tests at 14K but the top of the ring acid tests at 10K.

Wow Compass that's a lot of digging, but well worth it with those finds.

HH

Mike

• Thanks 1