Tried The Deus & HF Coil 50khz In The Deep Program

Kaolin washer

Yesterday i wanted to see how the HF coil staked up against the x35 coil in my test garden , I wanted to see how it did on high conductors .  8" dime  7" dime, 6" dime, 7" pull tab, and a 7" cut nail pointed at a 45 degree angle  to make it false good . I used the ,Deep program,   7 disc,  2 reaction speed,  silencer 1, 93 gain,  bumped up the audio volume to 6, and to my amazment it hit all targets good and this at 50KHz I also have to 3" cut nails laying flat at 5" the one has a nickle 1" under it , and the other just the nail . so at the factory pre set of 5.5disc i was getting a high tone on the cut nail and i adjusted up the disc untill it went to a low sound , that was 7 disc but when i went over the cut nail with the nickle under it i got a clear high tone  unmasking the nickle , so i wanted to take it out to the 30,s tar paper shack and see what it could do with an earea i had cleared of brush and went over many times. it was not long i started hitting 22 short shell casings and slugs, and to my great amazment a 1930,s shot shell , could hardly think i had missed it , but it was the 50KHZ was just picking things out in the iron , very pleased with it , i did dig several iron targets one was a fence post nailand a round tarepaper washer, and two pices of flat iron  and at least two nails , but the performance was very noticeable at how good it is at hunting in the iron and still getting reasonable depth

• Like 3

I use the HF elliptical coil on my Deus and between 30khz and the highest khz setting i find its absolutely amazing on small silver cut halves and also small roman,works great on trashy sites as well.The 14khz works fine for general use but if i suspect a very early site with cut halves and cut 1/4 then the higher than 30khz just works a treat.

The HF coil basically stays on my Deus almost all the time,although i carry the Nox with me as a backup machine its rarely used these days,i mainly use the Hot settings although it does fry my brain some what after a full days use,the XY screen is also very good.

Possibly not the deepest setup going but as most finds here are in the top 8'' or so then i find i dont usually miss anything,if i suspect anything deeper on say pasture then the Nox or Nexus becomes the main weapon of choice.

• Like 1

Got out again to the 30,s tarpaper shack, site. Hd the x35 9" coil, so the 1st thing i did was set the Khz to 25khz and used the deep program again , 90 gain reaction of 2 two tone, and right in the spot i have gone over and over for years i started picking out non iron targets among iron , if that baby is giving the high tone its a 90% chance you better check it out . and if its not its round  or somthing flat  i have to say I never knew a detector could do this . I like that its so light , and i can colaps the shaft and carry it on the ATV thru the woods and not snag branches,  very easy to change coils ,  like i say very pleased with the deus

20200906_150221.jpg

• Like 2

I took the HF 9 to the notoriouse hill of many nails, used the deep program 90 gain, 7 disc,5 iron volume ,6 on the sound , two tone,  50 khz, and in 15 minutes found two non iron targets,  this is like a miracle for this small area,  if i ever get this thing on a new spot its going to eat it up if it can do this with a 10 year pounded spot

20200906_161046.jpg

• Like 1

If you are just using two tone, then give pitch a try with disc set wherever you like.  I like disc at 7 to 10.  Turn on iron volume to your desired level.  I raise the pitch audio frequency to the highest frequency which is something like 650 hz.  When you hit a ferrous target you get the iron tone.  When you hit anything above the ferrous disc breakpoint (theoretically any non-ferrous target) you will get a pitch zip tone that varies in intensity and pitch based on target strength.  Really gives you a feel for depth and target footprint.  Give it a shot.

• Like 2

went back to the same spot i hunted yesterday, using the XP Deus program (DEEP) 9" HF coil and using 28KHZ, and found another 6 non iron targets. got fooled by the tabacco can bottom and spoon and hinge, it did have a low grunt of the end of it . gain was at 90 , and a reaction of 2. turned up the target volume to 6, so the faint targets sound louder, used a disc of 7. most iron will low tone but the flat or round iron will high tone and have a low off the edge., the Deus is bringing this old site back to life

20200907_162753.jpg

20200907_134743.jpg

20200907_135006.jpg

Back out with the Deus , and the Deep program and Deus fast, but this time i used 4 tones, with the 1st toneat 120 and the 2nd tone at220, 3rd at 614 and the last 120 and set the 120 to go low at 98 thru 100 and the 3rd to start at 11up to 98 the high tone in order to eliminate the nails sticking up at a angle it worked good , just the flat iron giving the high tones and they turned out to be some intresting relics. the fork has brass in it but I am sure it was probly just the flat iron that really gave it away , but I am using 28KHZ so who knows found some non iron targets again , great machine for relics

20200908_083330.jpg

20200908_092936.jpg

20200908_093834.jpg

20200908_104215.jpg