Brand New Equinox 800 - Battery Won’t Charge : (

PI Pete

I even bought the universal charger with 4 USB ports from Minelab and NEVER used anything but this to charge the machine.

I have used it three times, I plugged it in the first night and I though it charged it fine.  I had not been paying attention and today the fourth time I took it out it flashed BF.

Left charging all day and green light even stays on indicating that it is fully charged but when I turn it on its flashing the battery meaning its less than 5% charged.

very frustrating, going to try another charger that has greater than 2 amps.

Thanks for any comments / feedback

I used another charger and another cable and it started charging so I just left it...lets hope for the best.  there is no difference between the charging cable that charges the wireless audio module right!

thanks 

PI Pete

• Like 1

The same thing happened to my grandfather and all he did was clean the charging points where it hooked up and then it was fine. He said it had a film on it and it didn't make a good connection the first time he took it out of the box.

Hope that works out for you.

• Like 1

Hello Pete,

Welcome to the forum! 

No! There is no difference in the two cables! They supply two, so you have a backup,  and so you can charge two parts at the same time!

Call Minelab service if you continue to have issues! They will help you! Service is very good!!

Good Luck!!👍👍

• Like 1

I have spoken to Minelab about the charging ports and they suggested to clean them with 70% alcohol to help with any forming corrosion. I use mine mostly in the salt water. 

Good to hear you fixed the problem, I found you have to use a good quality charger. I tried with the iphone cube but it did the same thing. So i found this:

2 chargers for $10 2.4 Amps and each charger has two charging ports so I plug the NOX into one and the headphones into the other. Have no issues with it so something similar will work I imagine. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JHZXCQD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1