Problem With V3i 10” Stock Coil

Aaron

Hey guys,

Ive got a unusual problem w this V3i. I’m getting a overload report w the 10” DD coil, as soon as you squeeze trigger to get out of the menu. I have it configured for the 10” in the settings too. I’ve even tried the 2 other coils I have and it’s works fine w those. Any ideas?

Thanks, Aaron

If the machine works fine with other coils and not this coil then the coil is the issue. Did the coil work before and now it does not? Is it V rated? Whites coils have a serial number stamped in one ear. If the coil is designed for the V series there will be a V stamped in the ear also. The same coils were made for the DFX prior to the V3 being introduced, but the V3 requires higher tolerances and so some of the older coils overload at higher gain settings.

White’s had a lot of coil issues with the V series, with many borderline to outright bad 10” coils shipped.

• Like 1

The V3i is my elderly friend,  he just purchased it new last last year w other coils and never put the big coil on until recently. Yes Steve, looks like a bad coil. There’s no stamping or anything on the inside of ears. There is a number “V1” stamped on the outside of one of the ears though. You think  Whites will still replace this coil?

Thanks

A4C5BC97-E9E2-4C3D-AA80-D81FB636C1E7.jpeg

532A6B61-9C60-452A-90A6-AEACD061E3A6.jpeg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Aaron said:

There is a number “V1” stamped on the outside of one of the ears though.

So it is a V rated coil, but apparently bad from the factory. Yes, they will probably still warranty it. That new D2 design only came out three years ago so it can’t be very old. Have him contact the people in the post pinned at the top of this forum.

• Like 2