Miner John Stand For Monster, Equinox

mn90403

I was just on eBay looking around at some old purchases I had made and one was from Miner John.  I clicked on the transaction and I see there are some 'live' products available.  That is good to see after I understand he was wiped out by the fire.

Has anyone tried this stand?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Minelab-Gold-Monster-1000-pro-detector-stand-also-fit-Minelab-Equinox-600-800/202877933766

I saw another stand on a thread sometime here over the last year that would fold.  Does anyone use a folding stand?

I don't have a Monster.  I don't know how Minelab would let a detector be sold that twists and turns so much when you put it on the ground.  Every video I've seen shows this problem of securing it while you get the little nuggets out of the scoop.

If the folding stand is the one I'm thinking of; it's OK!  The problem i was having with it was i could not get it to tighten up enough! My detector would rotate in the clamp! And i didn't want to overtighten and break it! But i think if i put a few dabs of silicone on it, and reinstall, that may solve this!

I've seen the other one also! It looks very sturdy, but it's a fixed stand, and may get in the way with headphone wires, or storage!👍👍

I'd just duct tape flat plastic extensions on the existing stand if you really want a better stand...???

My Equinox stand has broken several times and I have glued it.  When I am on the beach and in the water I prop it up against my leg/hip.

• 4 weeks later...