Unfortunately it is plated. Only the ring above with real stones and 10k gold band is gold. 925 ear ring in pic. The little rope ring was deep. About 12”. It is pretty though but  only plated according to my testing machine. It did come in as a high ping so I thought it was gold. Not marked.

Nice going Carolina! Looks like rings on every hunt. 

• Like 1

Nice 4 hunts there, congrats on the Gold and Silver. Thanks for posting your settings.

HH

Mike

• Like 1
On 9/7/2020 at 9:03 AM, Carolina said:

I am looking for recent drops.

I see a 2020 Zincoln in one of your pics.  I assume that qualifies.  😏

On 9/7/2020 at 9:43 AM, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

WOW, is it gold ? Very good !

WOW.png.962db07ebdfc08b11ce715c3173d8043.png

On 9/7/2020 at 9:47 AM, Carolina said:

Unfortunately it is plated.   ....

The little rope ring was deep. About 12”. It is pretty though but  only plated according to my testing machine. It did come in as a high ping so I thought it was gold. Not marked.

I wonder how difficult it is to set up an eddy current in something of that shape.  Even if plated copper, that seems like quite an accomplishment.  I wonder if that's what impressed Alexandre.

Sounds like you're making the most of your new 'toy'.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Rick Kempf
      Well, here I sit - recovering from some minor surgery - the sitting part made more difficult - no more details available....
      Today I had Fisher ship the 25th AQ LTD. If I had any idea why it is so infernally slow of them to ship the darned things, I probably couldn’t share the details....but the fact that they give me no useful information about such things means that I am spared the decision on what to disclose.
      Mostly folks who have them are learning what they are good for and the consensus is - I think - that like any other detector - they are not good for EVERYTHING. Happily, the consensus also seems to be that they are amazing for a range of interesting and useful things. You can all read about all this elsewhere here.
      For me, I am patiently tending my “waiting list” now about 45 or so. Whether FTP will eventually furnish enough machines to clear the list is not known to me, but I am optimistic.
      I am surprised, pleased and grateful that the majority of folks on my list are unbelievably patient and polite - You all have my thanks. I am VERY happy that I didn’t go in for “pre orders” “pre payments” of “deposits”. Had I done som my life would be a bookkeeping hell (thank you Steve for good advice!).
      When the LTD is done and the “Unlimited” is available, I expect and hope to be one of the dealers for this. In fact, I pretty much feel like I am “all in” for the whole Impulse line.
      The Gold is busily in work. Prototypes will be fielded for test and when the time is right it will be “inshallah” introduced. I have bought a new SDC2300 and a nice used Gold Bug 2 to play with in getting ready for the Gold. In the meantime - I bought myself another AQ LTD and am demanding (for that that is worth) to be early on line for an 8” coil to play with the AQ inland - running its paces against the “trial ponies” - all to educate me for the Gold.
      Meanwhile, I sit here in Gold Canyon - seeing no-one. I have a couple of “strikes against me” and I am a bit of a “health pessimist” and so the slightest hint of the plague would be extremely unwelcome.
      I look forward to next year when we hopefully do more and be more engaged.

• By cuniagau
      Got my BBB (Beachnut Big Battery) 11 hour (est) run time battery today.  Hope to give it a spin tomorrow.   This should help me from having to backpack extra gear around for 3 1/2 hours or until the first battery quits me.   I opted for the standard headphone connector to keep things simpler.   The standard FT hearphones seem to sufficient at this point.  Although I have been reading a lot on some of the threads about adapting other headphone for the AQ.  That may be something I need to address down the road but not for now.  I am just now starting to discern one target from another and don't want to start the learning curve again. LOL
      Thanks OBN for such a nice looking addition to my AQ.  11 hours is something FT really needs to think hard about now.  Or at least the 8 hour version.  That would be very do able I would think.  
      I will keep you posted on run times.

Joe
      PS:  I am not sure why my pics are sideways. 

• By schoolofhardNox
      Tides were decent this past week, so I took 2 days to hunt 2 different beaches with the AQ. While the tide was high, I would detect with the GPX 5000 or the Equinox 800, so I could conserve battery time for the AQ. These finds pictured are all found with the AQ. First beach was disappointing, as the low tide did not expose any rocks or clay. This beach just doesn't want me to hunt the good areas  😄 Beach two was better hunt with all day rain to keep the gawkers away. This hunt was interesting, and I was able to shed some light on how the AQ will perform for my style of beach hunting. Both day's hunts were mainly using Tone Mode, so I could hear both the accepted and rejected targets. I did this since both beaches can produce silver, plus I was interested to see the cut off between reject and accept, for the settings I had. The most telling were the sinkers, as some came in high tone and the larger ones came in at a low tone. Beach two also showed that location matters, even on the same beach. One section produced zinc pennies, and scraps of aluminum cans. But the other section produced heavy targets, with a lot of lead. That section I was only able to detect for about 1 hour as the beach was about to close down for the night. No gold, but the lead and nickels says that I was close. If my coil would have come over gold I would have heard it loud and clear. All those targets screamed out loud. I will hit that area again when time permits.

• By vive equinox
      Hello 
      have you seen this video ? 

Lot of iron ... 
      I don't understand English very well, but I have the impression that he says that there is no variation in the audio. and that there is no double beep on the bobbie pin .it is sold to find under iron, but I see it only finds iron. 🤔

• By Steve Herschbach
      A reference collection of threads about the Fisher Impulse AQ, grouped into rough categories.
      Fisher Impulse AQ Limited Launch & Buyers Disclosure
      Fisher Impulse AQ Ltd Owner's Manual
      Official Impulse AQ Limited Color Flyer
      Official Facebook & Website Links
      Fisher Impulse AQ Ltd Data & Reviews
      Fisher Impulse AQ Data & Reviews
      Fisher Impulse Gold Data & Reviews
      Genuine Fisher AQ Ltd Spare Battery Part Number & Price
      Fisher Impulse AQ Rod Length Measurements
      Impulse AQ Rod Extension
      False Signals From Coil Connector
      Fisher Impulse AQ Discrimination Explanation
      Impulse AQ Audio Responses
      Impulse Tones & Discrimination Notes
      Impulse AQ and "No Holes"
      Impulse AQ and Mineralization
      Fisher Impulse Small Gold Sensitivity
      Impulse AQ First Field Report
      Homemade Batteries For Impulse AQ
      More On Homemade Batteries
      Homemade Headphone Dongle / Add Wireless
      How To Relax The Headphone Cable
      Fisher Impulse AQ - The Next Version
      Quick Link To ALL Impulse Threads - Latest User Reviews and Reports
      Fisher Impulse AQ Calibration Information

• By Mxt Sniper
      I was wondering what features in the new Impulse Gold detector you nugget detectorists would like to see in this new  machine to make you buy? For myself the lightweight part is very important, I would also like to see solid coils for ease of use in uneven terrain, and I would like to see gpz type performance on surface grain size gold and would like to see gpz type performance on 1-2 gram nuggets at depth. Not real concerned about deep large nuggets. Auto ground balance would be a huge plus too. Perhaps the 7 usec timing will be enough to produce gpz type performance on grain size and gram size gold. Time will tell I guess.
      I don't expect Minelab will be sitting still with regards building a lightweight nugget detector flagship model, sooner than later probably.