Profind 35 And Nokta Green Headphones Interference

kac

I did some river hunting and descided to take my MK out with the waterproof wired headphones and my ProFind 35 pp for piking through the river clay as it is waterproof. Left my PI machine home because the power lines make it impossible to use in the stretch of water I was hitting. I realized that the Profind 35 does not effect the MK in any of the frequencies at all with the wired headphones. The green wireless ones go bonkers with 5 and 14khz modes with that pp and I can only use 19khz with them.

Strange how the bluetooth headphones react with the profind. I always assumed the interference was with the coil or control box and not the headphones. In park hunting I had gone back to my old Whites Bullseye pointer as it plays well with all my machines regardless.

• Like 1

The Nokta/Makro wireless headphones are 2.4ghz, not bluetooth, so that may possibly have something to do with it.  I saw something a while back about pinpointer interference on a Nokta/Makro detector, though that was via the coil, and not being picked up through the wireless headphones. 

• Thanks 1

Strange how the frequency of the machine effects the headphones. I would have thought that the headphone reception would be the same regardless of the machines settings.

Doesn't the Multi Kruzer have a wireless frequency channel adjustment? My Gold Kruzer allows me to pick one of twenty different frequency adjustments so that there is little or no interference encountered between the green wireless headphones and the 2.4 gHz transmitter in the control unit.

It does but makes no difference. Odd part is why does the headphone connection have to do with anything between the coil and control box that is hard wired? Not knocking either devices just curious.

Coil to control box at XX frequency should not efffect an audio channel on a headset ESPECIALLY if it works on one frequency, why not all?

So you are saying that you only get interference through using the Profind 35 and the Multi Kruzer on 5 kHz and 14 kHz just when you use the Green wireless headphones and that the interference is not coming through the coil. Do I have that right?  If that is right, changing the wireless transmit channel should help. 

So you have tested the Profind 35 in a low EMI area with the Multi Kruzer in all three frequencies with just the internal speaker, with wired headphones and with the wireless headphones and the only time there is interference is with the wireless headphones...........  weird.

• Thanks 1

Ya the only time it interfiers is with the wireless headphones. I'll try changing frequencies and see if that helps. I wonder if it's the DIF on the PP causing the issue.

Buddie has a PF35 and can't come within 5ft of me with my seahunter or my sh freaks out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tested with different frequencies and makes no difference. This has me stumped.