Gold # 20 Fty With The Aqlimited.. Small Gold Ring

On 9/8/2020 at 11:52 PM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I was out twice last week with the shorty battery and it is now packed up and ready to go a few rounds with my friend Carolina...Give him a week with it and see what he has to say...I want his confirmation on the run time of 5 hours and 30 minutes and see if I need to make any adjustments...before I sell a few. Got rid of the m-8 headphone fitting and the battery is fitted with a M-12 8 pin CTX head phone fitting..(Very Common) and replaced the M-8 4 pin on the battery with a 90 degree molded cable that goes right to the end of the white shaft 4 pin power/headphone plug...So we got it down to One M-8 fitting..which the 90 degree is a Bulgin molded SS fitting..so it does not stick out like the stock...

Joe, so you are getting 5 hours and 30 minutes run time on the 4 EBL 26650? Glad I ordered 8 of those EBLs! I'm interested in buying your waterproof setup for my future AQ Limited. Let me know and great finds with your "new" modified AQ.:fisher:

Bill

Nice ring, Joe.  

Just a few random comments...First, Fisher should really consult with you before going into production.  You could save them a lot of time, frustration and money!

Second, I don't know how things are for you since you are out in the water, but here in S. CA the beaches are more crowded with hunters than depositors these days.  A buddy of mine was at Santa Monica yesterday afternoon at around 3:00 and there were FIVE other hunters up on the dry!  On a Thursday?  I've been hunting these beaches since 1980 and I've never seen so many hunters.  Plus we are getting 24/7 shifts, too.  I was out with a buddy on Tuesday and ran into a guy and his wife who had been at the beach since 6:00 AM.  He said when he got here a group of guys was leaving who had been there since 3:00 AM and they had encountered more hunters who had been there since midnight!

It still pays to be good and lucky but it used to be that you had to monitor beach conditions like tides, periods, surf, swell direction, etc.  Now you have to add "number of hunters" to the mix!    Oh well, it's still a lot of fun and when you are hooked, you are hooked!  Keep the gold coming!

Bill

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

Nice ring, Joe.  

Just a few random comments...First, Fisher should really consult with you before going into production.  You could save them a lot of time, frustration and money!

Second, I don't know how things are for you since you are out in the water, but here in S. CA the beaches are more crowded with hunters than depositors these days.  A buddy of mine was at Santa Monica yesterday afternoon at around 3:00 and there were FIVE other hunters up on the dry!  On a Thursday?  I've been hunting these beaches since 1980 and I've never seen so many hunters.  Plus we are getting 24/7 shifts, too.  I was out with a buddy on Tuesday and ran into a guy and his wife who had been at the beach since 6:00 AM.  He said when he got here a group of guys was leaving who had been there since 3:00 AM and they had encountered more hunters who had been there since midnight!

It still pays to be good and lucky but it used to be that you had to monitor beach conditions like tides, periods, surf, swell direction, etc.  Now you have to add "number of hunters" to the mix!    Oh well, it's still a lot of fun and when you are hooked, you are hooked!  Keep the gold coming!

Bill

Last tuesday morning I counted 10 hunters at about 9am in HB as I was leaving to hit another beach. I do hit it at night if conditions are good. But now , I'm meeting and talking to guys who , all they really do is night hunt. Don't even bother during the day. And they seem to hunt in 2s or 4s. A pack of destruction ! The old days very rarely would guys hunt at night. I really started taking notice about 12 years ago. 😩

• Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, cobill said:

Joe, so you are getting 5 hours and 30 minutes run time on the 4 EBL 26650? Glad I ordered 8 of those EBLs! I'm interested in buying your waterproof setup for my future AQ Limited. Let me know and great finds with your "new" modified AQ.:fisher:

Bill

I get 5 hours and 30 minutes on 4 18650 batteries...The 4 EBL 26650 I got 8 hours +/--.....Here is how you figure out what you get on batteries with the AQ....And they have to be quality batteries..not a off the wall brand...from ebay or amazon which may claim unreal mAh....

The AQ eats 10.4 to 10.7 mAh per minute....in comparison the Excalibur eats about (.5) mAh per minute..does that tell you how big a battery Hog this thing is? Crazy but it puts it in the ground.

So if you have a EBL battery which is a very good battery at 5000 mAH...you divide that by 10.7 which gives you 467.2 divided by 60 minutes equals just under 8 hours, and the 10.7 is with the AQ sucking the most power, if you divide by 10.4 it works out to 8 hours.

Now I have canned the drop in EBL battery setup for now..I used it for about 30 hours and love it but removing the endcap, and pulling all out equaled to much of a chance of something going wrong..for example I stripped one of the little setscrews that hold the endcap in place...then I broke one of the main wires.....so I need to work on the design...maybe in the future since this is the only battery I am using at the moment to hunt regularly with.

Now the shorty and the Big Battery are rock solid because they are sealed totally X 2. I'm doing about 10 between the two of those..Give them a few months out...see how all goes. Anyone interested in parts to make there own I have a short list and where I bought all. I do not mind sharing...just ask.

Good Luck to all, Be Safe! 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I get 5 hours and 30 minutes on 4 18650 batteries...The 4 EBL 26650 I got 8 hours +/--.....Here is how you figure out what you get on batteries with the AQ....And they have to be quality batteries..not a off the wall brand...from ebay or amazon which may claim unreal mAh....

The AQ eats 10.4 to 10.7 mAh per minute....in comparison the Excalibur eats about (.5) mAh per minute..does that tell you how big a battery Hog this thing is? Crazy but it puts it in the ground.

So if you have a EBL battery which is a very good battery at 5000 mAH...you divide that by 10.7 which gives you 467.2 divided by 60 minutes equals just under 8 hours, and the 10.7 is with the AQ sucking the most power, if you divide by 10.4 it works out to 8 hours.

Now I have canned the drop in EBL battery setup for now..I used it for about 30 hours and love it but removing the endcap, and pulling all out equaled to much of a chance of something going wrong..for example I stripped one of the little setscrews that hold the endcap in place...then I broke one of the main wires.....so I need to work on the design...maybe in the future since this is the only battery I am using at the moment to hunt regularly with.

Great ring hunt as usual Joe. But I expect nothing less. Have you documented how many man hours or weeks you have into all your modifications into making this thing how it should be ? Your time and effort should not be free to these manufacture guys...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

Nice ring, Joe.  

Bill

12 minutes ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Last tuesday morning I counted 10 hunters at about 9am in HB as I was leaving to hit another beach. I do hit it at night if conditions are good. But now , I'm meeting and talking to guys who , all they really do is night hunt. Don't even bother during the day. And they seem to hunt in 2s or 4s. A pack of destruction ! The old days very rarely would guys hunt at night. I really started taking notice about 12 years ago. 😩

Guys, the beach is becoming the place to be for sure and with the price of Gold...it's got even more crazy. I'm on a Maryland FB page and it is insane how many are asking about hunting beaches....I rarely hunt public beaches but I am hearing the number of hunters has doubled in the last year...The good here is it really takes experience to find the old gold....but the fresh drop beach's they are keeping cleaned out...Everyone has the Nox also...

11 minutes ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Great ring hunt as usual Joe. But I expect nothing less. Have you documented how many man hours or weeks you have into all your modifications into making this thing how it should be ? Your time and effort should not be free to these manufacture guys...

Thanks Buddy, I do it for I enjoy being one step ahead.. As far as Fisher listening, they are paper pushers...they have in their heads what they think will work. I look at it from all different directions and test it as I go..I know just what they have planned and wish them Luck...I see the 18650 battery as not the right one...they should go with the EBL 26650...8 hours is alot more appealing then 5 and a half (30+) minutes...... 

Good Luck on your adventure, your very creative I am sure you will find away to out think the locals...👍

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Thanks Buddy, I do it for I enjoy being one step ahead.. As far as Fisher listening, they are paper pushers...they have in their heads what they think will work. I look at it from all different directions and test it as I go..I know just what they have planned and wish them Good Luck...I see the 18650 battery as not the right one...they should go with the EBL 26650...8 hours is alot more appealing then 5 and a half (30+) minutes...... 

Good Luck on your adventure, your very creative I am sure you will find away to out think the locals...👍

Thanks Joe. My way out is my PI. Avoiding the dry and and going deeper and slower in the wet. Like where you're at , everyone here swings the Nox. And amongst many , they have a race to see who gets it 1st. You wouldn't believe how some literally are running down a beach. And extremely fast swing speed. I might have to video one of them.

5 hours is at least workable. 8 is the way to go. My old TDI BH would get maybe 6 hours , not great by any means. The DF , would get around 22 give or take. That's what I'm talking about ! But I don't see anything like that happening in the AQ until  a different battery is developed that doesn't weigh 7lbs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Thanks Joe. My way out is my PI. Avoiding the dry and and going deeper and slower in the wet. Like where you're at , everyone here swings the Nox. And amongst many , they have a race to see who gets it 1st. You wouldn't believe how some literally are running down a beach. And extremely fast swing speed. I might have to video one of them.

5 hours is at least workable. 8 is the way to go. My old TDI BH would get maybe 6 hours , not great by any means. The DF , would get around 22 give or take. That's what I'm talking about ! But I don't see anything like that happening in the AQ until  a different battery is developed that doesn't weigh 7lbs.

The weight difference is 6 ounces.....(4) EBL 26650......... 13 0unces which is a lot, (4) 18650 ......7 ounces..the stock battery they have now comes in at 19 0unces.......And you are correct, will the 6 ounce diff be worth a few more hours..

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

The weight difference is 6 ounces.....(4) EBL 26650......... 13 0unces which is a lot, (4) 18650 ......7 ounces..the stock battery they have now comes in at 19 0unces.......And you are correct, will the 6 ounce diff be worth a few more hours..

Back to the hat. I use a ball cap with a cape that allows my phones to sit tight to my ears. How do you wear your phones over this style hat ? Looking forward to the package. 

• Like 1