First Run With The Gold Racer For Coin Shooting

kac

Wanted a machine that has a much higher frequency than your typical coin shooting machine for a couple of reasons. I wanted more definition on iron in the ground, bit more numbers to play with in the low conductors and something that can handle the lousy dirt we have here with iron and coal. I also wanted a machine that would do well in high emi areas so I got the Gold Racer that runs at 56khz.

Though my finds aren't impressive I took it through the local park in the worst possible spots. Area is a carpet of square tabs and bottle caps. This little machine make it a breaze to pick through and be able to hear the iron in the caps right off, many were just choppy signals. The square tabs and aluminum can slaw has be tripped up a bit but think I can start to weed through those bit better as they tend to have jumpy numbers compared to the nickels I picked out. Overall the machine is very light, well balanced and just fun to use. It isn't a depth demon but may up for a larger coil, have my eyes on the CORS butterfly 12x11 if it ever makes it to the USA for this machine.

62138865939__ECB549BC-5584-44EE-9BC2-D1654BAED675.JPG

• Like 7

Is that a silver alloy Warnick?

Glad to hear you like this detector.  I suspect you can get a TID discrimination against the typical (modern) square tab.  They usually read higher than our USA nickels, unless bent or broken.  That's on my detectors, anyway.

• Like 1

That thing with a loop on it seems to be a plated zipper pull. Will take me a bit to get used to the new sounds and id's but I find it really easy to tell the size of the targets with this machine. I'm finding it a smoother running machine compared to the MK. Threshold seems to be more stable on GR when compared to the MK but think that is due to EMI around here. The 56khz runs so smooth. I do wish Whites was still kicking because their 48khz might be better but that could be splitting hairs.

Going to test it at an old school yard and the old church where they dumped all their coal and coke. Just maybe I might be able to squeak out some old silvers hidden in the mess.