Burned Out My Retinas

57 minutes ago, Elbert said:

I know one thing. The upgrades sure don't like Widows 7 with IE 11. I have been viewing the forum since I joined in Dec. 2013 using IE and windows 7. Now I can't post replies or answer PM's plus everything is way over size. Borrowed a computer to post this. Guess I'll just be a read only here. I'm sticking with IE and win 7 because it is still compatible with allΒ Β the other forums I visit and its easier for me to navigate back and forth between sites. I know, got to go with progress.

I am using Win7 but FireFox although i dont have issues running the forum with any major issues,the new update is 'ok' i guess but if i am honest i much prefer the older version.

• Like 2

Elbert,

If you have a smartphone, it may work much better! I rarely use a computer anymore for anything! Too slow, and too many virus issues!πŸ‘πŸ‘

15 hours ago, IDMineralSurveys said:

My eyes are okay... i was wearing my 😎 

I was looking for settings on my Chromebook to dim it!

Β 

And like Chase said the edit is at the top right. (Does anyone ever use that 'Reason for edit' box?)Β Β 

I reached the limit of the edit box.Β  hahaΒ Β πŸ™ƒ

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Elbert said:

I know one thing. The upgrades sure don't like Widows 7 with IE 11. I have been viewing the forum since I joined in Dec. 2013 using IE and windows 7. Now I can't post replies or answer PM's plus everything is way over size. Borrowed a computer to post this. Guess I'll just be a read only here. I'm sticking with IE and win 7 because it is still compatible with allΒ Β the other forums I visit and its easier for me to navigate back and forth between sites. I know, got to go with progress.

Upgrade to Win 10.Β  You can thank me later.

Β 

I still have a Windows laptop that was loaded with Win7 and then upgraded to Win10 and the hardware is so slow I can only use it as a backup now.Β  The internet requires speed and video and the Google Earth needs a good driver ... I bought this Chromebook/viewer just for the internet.Β Β 

It may be necessary for me to buy a new computer before I buy a new detector so that my research is more complete with the online tools.Β  This forum upgrade will still take time to feel right but we will forget about the old version in time and get back to content again.

• Like 1

I preferred the older style, personally. The new larger font size seems to give distorted characters, with poor aesthetics, like they've been resized badly. Attached screengrab shows the effect. "SDC2300" only has the D correct, all the others have that odd pixel at the top. If I shrink the display size down (ctrl -Β  on Firefox) it looks more like it used to. And when viewing the 'front page' , the thread titles don't show fully. For example
Ice Age Fossils In Nevada
just displays as:
Ice Age Fossils In ...
shrinking it down restores normality.

Makes me think it's optimised for wide-screen monitors.

( my PC is coal-powered, though, so don't take too much notice of me, I'll just carry on as normal... )

Β DP_grab1.png

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

For those who upgraded off Windows 7 on their old computer to Windows 10, do yourselves a favour and take your computer in to get your old clunker hard drive replaced with a SSD (Solid State Drive), you won't know yourself when you get it back, the speed difference will surprise you.

Yep and or just buy or build a new one.Β Β