Dan(nm) Is The Man... Oh And A Couple Of Rings

• JohnnyRox changed the title to Dan(nm) Is The Man...oh And A Couple Of Rings.

12 minutes ago, JohnnyRox said:

I've been using my Nox 800 with a 15" coil for a few months now, ears broke on original coil, and I find it too nose heavy.  Yesterday I received the 11" Nox coil and parts I bought from Dan(NM) last Thursday.  The parts are like NEW, just like he said.  Dan is an honest man and great seller!!!

So this morning I went out for some beach hunting.  Been on a bit of a dry spell lately.  

First thing I noticed, it felt so much easier swinging the Nox.  No luck in the wet so I hit the dry.  $5.50 in clad and these 2 little beauties.

4eflbi.jpg

Thanks again Dan, not only for the great parts but for the great Karma that came with them!  Hoping this thread will bring you good Karma in return!

HH

Wow, A Cartier is a valuable find- congrats!!

Great find and congrats on the rings.

Hope I will be able to do that some day.

• Like 3

Congrats on the finds! Hopefully the Cartier is real. It should feel pretty heavy in your hand. 

Here are my 3 Cartiers from the past year.  The white gold ones are counterfeit.  The serial number on both is 52833A.  The gold one has a different serial number and tested 18K.  Both white gold ones failed the gold test with my electronic gold tester after the larger one passed the 18K acid test.  

Good luck on the test but if the serial number is 528833A it is fake. (test it anyway)

Congrats on getting back up and running.  I broke the ears off my 15 inch after a year on the beach but sent it back under warranty and got a new one.  I also bought one of those 3D ear strengthens off ebay and it seems to be what the doctor ordered. LOL 

IMG_9016.JPG

IMG_9017.JPG

• Like 3
  • Steve Herschbach changed the title to Dan(nm) Is The Man... Oh And A Couple Of Rings
8 hours ago, cuniagau said:

Here are my 3 Cartiers from the past year.  The white gold ones are counterfeit.  The serial number on both is 52833A.  The gold one has a different serial number and tested 18K.  Both white gold ones failed the gold test with my electronic gold tester after the larger one passed the 18K acid test.  

Good luck on the test but if the serial number is 528833A it is fake. (test it anyway)

Congrats on getting back up and running.  I broke the ears off my 15 inch after a year on the beach but sent it back under warranty and got a new one.  I also bought one of those 3D ear strengthens off ebay and it seems to be what the doctor ordered. LOL 

IMG_9016.JPG

IMG_9017.JPG

Thanks fellas!

I found one of those 528833A ones last year.  Acid test said gold but I have my suspicions. lol  

Which gold tester do you have?  

Two days after I found the yellow gold Cartier I found the smaller white Cartier with the same serial number as the larger one from last year.  The one last year acid tested 18K.  So that was when I decided to buy the electronic tester.  It tested both white Cartiers as non gold.  The yellow one tested 18K.  

I then tested all of my gold finds with and without hallmarks.  One of my large hallmarked 14Ks only test 10K.  One non hallmarked ring that had tested 14K with the acid, tested 18K with the tester.   It has been spot on on almost all of the hallmarked pieces. (and yes, I tested every piece of gold that I have.) LOL  It sure takes the doubt away on some of those "suspect" pieces that we sometimes dig.  

Joe

IMG_9018.JPG

• Like 1

Happy to hear you have your coil situation squared away. Nice finds, I hope the Cartier is real.

HH

Mike

• Like 1