The New Zealand Spin

mn90403

I don't see many of them but here is an article about detecting in New Zealand.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/money/10-09-2020/theres-still-gold-in-them-hills/

• Like 2

Simon,

What do you think?

Great article mn90403 but lets hope people think before they jump with the hype.

"For those looking to invest in a cheaper treasure chest, silver is much less pricey at around $40 per ounce. It also has more industrial uses and is reflective, so come the apocalypse may actually be worth something in a trade."

I still remember prospectors selling their gold to buy silver instead of keeping it when silver went to $50 an ounce. 

He’s been fossicking for almost 60 years. “I have other gold and hid it, but now don’t know where I put it,” he said. I hope I have not gone down that path.

9 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

there's a gold rush happening up in Queensland as well..

10 hours ago, phrunt said:

There seems to be a bit of an amateur gold rush going on in NZ at the moment,...

Does this mean the detector manufacturers & retailers will be posting ads, encouraging detector sales to take advantage of the high precious metals prices?  Of course you 'Southerners' are just approaching the summer months.  But I wouldn't be surprised to see that kind of advertising here in the N-hemisphere, too.  Christmas is always a good time to tickle the imagination (don't forget the gifts on the 5th Day of Christmas -- some of those are sprinkled along the beaches, as the Impulse owners, among others, have been proving repeatedly).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't know how/where New Zealand got it's name as New York named after York, Brittan, named after Zealand. Denmark. 

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

It appears you have to be careful though, a guy in the US died eating too much licorice, and I didn't even think what he ate was too much.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/24/us/man-dies-eating-too-much-licorice-trnd/index.html

He should of tried this. 😁

White Knight Wrapper