Have any of you fellas been able to use a wireless low latency transmitter with the Sovereign?  Something like the Quest Wire Free Mate, Garrett Z-link or Trond?  

I tried a cheap Chinese one off Amazon but I don't think it could handle the power coming from the headphone jack and it was clipping the the sound really bad.  

Thanks!

I have not tried it but if I was going to try it I would go for the Garrett set up. It looks to be very good quality to me. They are built like the old detector pro jolly roger style. 

• Like 2

Read this post, too, but didn't want to hijack this thread in the minelab area with a question about white's. Sorry.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      The GPX 6000 comes with a new Minelab ML 100 wireless headphone. Like the older ML 80 that comes with Equinox, these can also be plugged into the detector directly if the charge runs out, or if you want no lag at all - go wired!
      The big difference appears to be a more robust metal yoke design, along with a much larger padded ear muff. It also appears to have the same waterproof 1/8" adapter as is used with Equinox, but this time supplied with the detector. 👍🏼

New Minelab wireless headphones for GPX 6000 (and Equinox?)

New Minelab wireless headphone oversized ear muffs

Minelab ML 100 headphone instructions
    • By NCtoad
      Minelab has come out with a new more robust aptx ll headphones designed for their new gpx 6000 gold detector.  I contacted them to see if these will work with the equinox and they will.  

• By basstrackerman
      Are the green wireless headphones that come with the simplex worth getting or should I use my Bluetooth ? What are you guys using?
    • By stevejhgla
      I am trying to put a new connection onto my ls pelso headphones, the original connector was only chrome plated, it rusted and somehow got bent.  The connector I want to use is a 90deg gold plated one that I have from another crappy pair of earbuds I got on ebay. 
      I thought they'd have the same wires but after cutting them open they are different.  
      The Lspelsos have a red wire and a white wire.  Thr Earbud connector has a red white and yellow wire.  
      After connecting the reds to the whites and plugging it in to the equinox there was no sound

Can anyone offer any advice?
      Much appreciated and hh

• By damatman88
      Has anyone found a pair of headphones that are just like the ones furnished with the 800 (bluetooth, aptx-LL, over ear, not earbuds) but are waterproof/resistant and have a higher quality audio for metal detectors? I am not super happy with the stock ones because I can't wear in the rain and audio is pretty sub-par in my opinion.
    • By nickeldNdimed
      I’ve been reading up on Equinox waterproof headphones as I will finally have the opportunity to try it at the beach in the next few months. 

I plan to wade with it for the most part but the unit might get dunked some as I’m still within warranty and want to make sure I don’t have a leaky one...  I’ll have a Seahunter as backup or if I ever want to snorkel with it for extended periods.  Probably will only do this a couple times a year in the near future. 

I’ve read good things about the Pelsos as a waterproof above water with the occasional dunk, $50 bucks less new. I’ve read the Yellow Minelabs are not very loud.  Different tech, speakers vs piezo.  On the Pelsos I’ve read they come with a long cord  that a good thing?  Hopefully not too annoyingly long?
      Thoughts?