Fewer Bottle Caps And More Gold!

Compass

Compass,

WTG!  You are just chaining up the place lately.

Thanks for the video!  It makes us all feel good but I am envious also.  haha

Mitchel

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hardtimehermit said:

Good job on the lake, love the gold color! thanks for the video.

Thanks Hermit, Yes, the chain is tri-colored with yellow, white and rose gold- same with the pendant. Really more striking than the video even shows. Seeing it hanging on the edge of the scoop in the sunlight was quite a thrill.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Seeker said:

I knew you would be cleaning up with those settings. On your next test let us know how it picks up that chain without the pendant at 4khz. Keep the precious coming, HH.

Thanks Seeker, I did some more testing this afternoon with a couple of gold chains and rings. When hunting in 4khz I lost about 2"-3" in depth on gold jewelry. The Nox would detect that gold chain (sans pendant) at 3" as opposed to about 6" at 40khz. Looks like I will try to stay in 40khz at a reduced sensitivity to reduce the chatter.                                                                 It was a fun hunt trying different modes and frequencies. I appreciate the advice you and others gave me. I will be digging far fewer bottlecaps in the future.

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Compass,

WTG!  You are just chaining up the place lately.

Thanks for the video!  It makes us all feel good but I am envious also.  haha

Mitchel

Thanks Mitchel, It's a bit crazy. Prior to this year I had really only found 2 gold neck chains. I have now found 4 this year along with 2 gold chain bracelets. Part of it is luck, part of it is learning my detectors a bit better and part of it is having the time to hunt more now that I am retired. I'm glad you liked the video. I hadn't done a detecting video in a couple of years but may do more in the future.

• Thanks 1

If your running the Nox in single frequency modes, how high can you go in frequency before the salt starts to effect it? Thinking low teens might give you better overall detection on silver and gold with a less of a trade off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kac said:

If your running the Nox in single frequency modes, how high can you go in frequency before the salt starts to effect it? Thinking low teens might give you better overall detection on silver and gold with a less of a trade off.

Thanks kac, I think I will only use the single frequencies in the fresh water environments. At the beach, if I use the Nox in the wet sand I use "beach" mode which only allows for multi-frequency. 

• Like 1